Ongoing Wish Swap Round 3 Spring Edition Gallery

I received a gorgeous package from @Ewulotta today, she claimed me for a zippered pouch and sent two. First this one, which I will use for pens in my computer bag,

I love the fabric on this it is so bright and cheery. Inside this I found some yummy tea, (The way you folded the paper around them is so clever!) and this sweet little crocheted apple. So small and so detailed!

And my new most favourite thing, this pouch. I love everything about it.

The sewn in, contrasting fabric, pleats, the green cordruoy and the pink bobble trim. I love love love it. My daughter when she saw it said ‘It is so you’

this arrived on the day before my new windows were due to be installed, but I learned that they are not even made yet. In poland, because the polish firm can’t get the stuff from the netherlands. F*****G covid, I am told maybe 5 weeks, but tbh I think 5 week is optimistic, I will be lucky to have them replaced by the end of the summer. It has put a severe spanner in our renovation works. and left me an unhappy camper this morning.

so Ewulottas package really brightened my day,

And the other crappy thing is that the hoop that I sent @Annchen fell out of it’s packaging somewhere between me and her, so it is lost in the mail. I am going to post a picture of it here because I really liked it. I will be making something else to replace the lost item, but unfortunately not a hoop, They are also out of stock here, so I am waiting for them to come from china. (Bloody covid)

But on the upside we got to have a drink (outside only) in a real life bar last night. So life feels like it is returning to normal

/rant

10 Likes

Those pouches are wonderful…the corduroy one is indeed so you…the bobbles!

Sorry to hear the little dandelion hoop is out in the world somewhere! It is cute, but yeah, who wants to do the same thing again…let it go…

I did not realize quite the impact of COVID on shortage of other supplies around the world…I want a new fridge but it seems it would take over three months to get the one I want and another month to have it installed! We are not done seeing the impact on the world, so hang on to what good we do have…drinks with friends is one of those things!

1 Like

That pouch is to die for. Love the color combo! Such Mary Blair colors! I hope the hoops turns up and it returned. Those wrist warms-swoon!

2 Likes

that hoop is gorgeous!

and I bought some hoops on etsy recently & would be glad to send you a couple!
if that would help any?

yay for drinks outside the bar & nice weather to enjoy them, I imagine?
I miss you! :heart:
Oh, if only we could turn back time – was it 3 years ago we met IRL?

1 Like

It was in 2017 can you believe it, four years in July. A lot has happened in four years. But maybe next time we’ll meet you’ll be on this side of the pond. :grin: Thanks for the offer of hoops, you are so sweet, but the ones from China will probably be here in a few weeks time. And fingers crossed in a few weeks time I’ll have a functioning craft room. I know I’ve hoops somewhere in storage.

3 Likes

Have you tried @Ludi 's hoopless mounting technique? Mounted on padded cardboard or other stiff backing. I’ve done it many times & it’s become my favourite. No hoop required & the fabric stays nice & tight forever, plus custom size & shape. This isn’t the best example but it’s the only one I could find, the rest are lost to deadster, sigh.

1 Like

I love finishing small hoops in particular with that technique…and cardboard seems to be an endless and free supply, especially on recycling day!

I have also used that technique for small felting projects and have crocheted around the the edges to make a “frame” and loop for hanging.

I do keep one hoop as my working hoop but am thinking of buying the kind you can make any size or shape…not sure what they are called but they look like PVC pipe.

Q snaps. I have one, it’s ok. I forget the name of the one @Onyxnox recommended but I’ll check. It was pricey but absolutely worth it, it holds tight as a drum!

1 Like

Thanks…I have one marked in my Amazon shopping list for some time, just wasn’t sure I would use it as much, but I think I would!

I received this amazing needle book, yarns and soap from @plaidpineapple
Isn’t this needle book adorable?!?!

And the inside has little pockets on the front and back

And this super cool pineapple scented soap

And some gorgeous little yarn bits for weaving

Thank you so much! I love it!!!

9 Likes

Love the needle book and pineapple soap sounds delicious smelling!!

I love the design on the needlebook…so pretty and happy…you can NEVER have enough needlebooks or pincushions, in my opinion…

1 Like

That needle book is so pretty!

QSnaps-I use them for cross stitch but they are too loose for embroidery for me. Also, if your QSnap gets loose, you can warm up the clamps with a hair dryer and mold them to the frame again.

2 Likes

I knew there was a reason I had not purchased them yet! I am mostly doing embroidery now so I will probably just stick to the traditional hoop…

Just claimed @grabacoffee!

I am SO behind on commenting on everyone’s beautiful things, but they’re all so fabulous!

@Kwality570 those notecards are gorgeous!! and the woven bookmark is so cool!

@AIMR the pineapples and wristlet are amazing!! All those crochet goodies are wonderful, and I can’t believe you made a macrame plant hanger - macrame is bacrame :rofl:

@Edel beautiful masterboard tags and the headband looks deliciously snuggly! And I love your printed fabric AIMR used :two_hearts: It’s sad that dandelion hoop went missing, it was really pretty.

@mel those wrist warmers are fantastic! great colour, that is such a lovely gift :seedling:

@Ewulotta I adore both of those zippered pouches! Such exquisite sewing :star_struck:

@plaidpineapple what a great package - the pineapple soap sounds amazing :pineapple: and the needlebook is brilliant!!

1 Like

Wow! So many amazing things! That needle book is beautiful! I need to put one to my wishlist too :wink:

I think the lovely @irid3sc3nt is quite busy and hasn’t been able to join in this round, so I hope she won’t mind if I go ahead and post a pic of what I sent her for the first claim this round :slightly_smiling_face:

I claimed her for something inspired by her Halloween Pinterest …

They are about 3" x 7" I think, acrylic and Inktense on watercolour paper and thick matboard. I was really pleased with how they turned out, especially the cat. Halloween isn’t a big thing here, and I didn’t grow up with it (except for in TV shows) - it was fun to try painting something different!

8 Likes

@jemimah those are ah-mazing!! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I finally got @mel ’s notecards sent, but I also received from @fishstix43!

She sent awesome dryer balls and metallic watercolor paints!

To show the shimmer…

Also this fun notecard was enclosed!

Those balls went into the dryer IMMEDIATELY and I’m looking forward to creating with those awesome paints!

Thank you for everything!! :heart::heart:

9 Likes

I knew this gallery would be filling with lovelies!

@jemimah the Halloween paintings are spot on…perfect seasonal colors and subjects! I especially love the little black cat, since I have two of my own Halloweenie kitties!

Felted dryer balls are a great wish! I like them especially when needing to fluff up things like towels since dryer sheets take out the absorbency!

Metallic watercolors…hmmm…another thing to put on the supplies list!

2 Likes