Ongoing Wish Swap Round 3 Spring Edition Gallery

I almost embroidered some mice guts but thought people in public would get grossed out without the backstory…lol…we are an odd bunch

1 Like

Finally I found time to take pictures of what I received

First of all @Edel made me a super cozy headband and also threw in some tags she had made from different masterboards and some scrapbooking paper. I love :two_hearts: everything :heart_eyes_cat:! Can’t wait to wear the headband when it’s cold again. Thank you, @Edel!

Then I was spoiled by @AIMR. You probably have already seen the pop cozies she made me. I love them! She also made me a headband and some wrist warmers, some washcloths and a macrame plant hanger (hubby didn’t understand why I would need a plant hanger). Thank you, @AIMR, I love everything you made for me!

8 Likes

What an interesting looking plant…is it real? I have not seen such round leaves like that! Love it…

My hubby also did not understand who would want a macrame hanger…lol…but then he asked if I would make him one for his spider plant in his music studio…he has been using some ugly rope to sort of hang it…lol…MACRAME IS BACRAME!!! lol

I know you will be able to use those lovely tags and papers…just love the color grouping…that pink and teal is strkining!

2 Likes

It’s a pilea peperomioides https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilea_peperomioides
This was actually a sprig of my very first indoor plant. The pilea is constantly producing sprigs and I keep giving them away to family and friends.

2 Likes

I love that it is a money plant…the leaves…I will see if I can find one here.

1 Like

It’s called the friendship plant! I want one but they seem sensitive to temperature fluctuation & our old home is not insulated very well.
The hanger is lovely. I adore that look, nice to see macrame getting some love lately.

2 Likes

What a shame that I can’t send any of the sprigs :cry:
This is what it looked like in February (the one on the right)

4 Likes

What are the chances of a sprig surviving the journey from you to me? Possibly not high?

1 Like

I’ll do some research… It’s at least worth a try :relaxed:

How do you propogate your pilea @Ewulotta ? Mine has had loads of babies but I’ve just left them with the mother, not wanting to damage anything :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You guys, I am having some serious pilea envy here! WOW! It is like a pothos but with round leaves…I have had luck with pothos in the past…if plant can survive on semi-neglect, it is for me! I have managed to keep my 5 year anniversary plant alive for 37years!

Here is the picture I took of Eva’s plant hanger…ha ha ha…the plants are fake succulents…

6 Likes

At the beginning I actually took it to my friend who is a florist. But now I do it myself because it’s quite easy - I mean I’m not really green-thumbed, so easy easy. Just give it a try :muscle:
I usually skim the soil and then just break the sprig from the stem. Then I just reimplant it into a small pot. It’s important to keep the soil moist. That’s all I do.

1 Like

I will definitely give it a try, thank you :hugs:

2 Likes

Hi Dear Team!
I am a late-joiner, but already made a claim - since I saw that @Ewulotta does not like coffee, so I had to step in :wink:
I am still reading your lists, and seen already a lot of things I would like to make for you, so looking forward… :wink:

4 Likes

I received an amazing package from @mel
She sent these gorgeous wrist warmers (don’t mind the bad shape my nails are in)

And some yarns to use for weaving (pictures with the wrist warmers)

Thanks so much! It’s all so lovely!

7 Likes

yay!! i hope the length/fit is alright… i wasnt sure about using cotton, since it stretches a bit as you wear it…but i also thought it might be more seasonable for this time of the year!!

I received a gorgeous package from @Ewulotta today, she claimed me for a zippered pouch and sent two. First this one, which I will use for pens in my computer bag,

I love the fabric on this it is so bright and cheery. Inside this I found some yummy tea, (The way you folded the paper around them is so clever!) and this sweet little crocheted apple. So small and so detailed!

And my new most favourite thing, this pouch. I love everything about it.

The sewn in, contrasting fabric, pleats, the green cordruoy and the pink bobble trim. I love love love it. My daughter when she saw it said ‘It is so you’

this arrived on the day before my new windows were due to be installed, but I learned that they are not even made yet. In poland, because the polish firm can’t get the stuff from the netherlands. F*****G covid, I am told maybe 5 weeks, but tbh I think 5 week is optimistic, I will be lucky to have them replaced by the end of the summer. It has put a severe spanner in our renovation works. and left me an unhappy camper this morning.

so Ewulottas package really brightened my day,

And the other crappy thing is that the hoop that I sent @Annchen fell out of it’s packaging somewhere between me and her, so it is lost in the mail. I am going to post a picture of it here because I really liked it. I will be making something else to replace the lost item, but unfortunately not a hoop, They are also out of stock here, so I am waiting for them to come from china. (Bloody covid)

But on the upside we got to have a drink (outside only) in a real life bar last night. So life feels like it is returning to normal

/rant

10 Likes

Those pouches are wonderful…the corduroy one is indeed so you…the bobbles!

Sorry to hear the little dandelion hoop is out in the world somewhere! It is cute, but yeah, who wants to do the same thing again…let it go…

I did not realize quite the impact of COVID on shortage of other supplies around the world…I want a new fridge but it seems it would take over three months to get the one I want and another month to have it installed! We are not done seeing the impact on the world, so hang on to what good we do have…drinks with friends is one of those things!

1 Like

That pouch is to die for. Love the color combo! Such Mary Blair colors! I hope the hoops turns up and it returned. Those wrist warms-swoon!

2 Likes

that hoop is gorgeous!

and I bought some hoops on etsy recently & would be glad to send you a couple!
if that would help any?

yay for drinks outside the bar & nice weather to enjoy them, I imagine?
I miss you! :heart:
Oh, if only we could turn back time – was it 3 years ago we met IRL?

1 Like