Ongoing Wish Swap Round 3 Spring Edition Gallery

It was in 2017 can you believe it, four years in July. A lot has happened in four years. But maybe next time we’ll meet you’ll be on this side of the pond. :grin: Thanks for the offer of hoops, you are so sweet, but the ones from China will probably be here in a few weeks time. And fingers crossed in a few weeks time I’ll have a functioning craft room. I know I’ve hoops somewhere in storage.

3 Likes

Have you tried @Ludi 's hoopless mounting technique? Mounted on padded cardboard or other stiff backing. I’ve done it many times & it’s become my favourite. No hoop required & the fabric stays nice & tight forever, plus custom size & shape. This isn’t the best example but it’s the only one I could find, the rest are lost to deadster, sigh.

1 Like

I love finishing small hoops in particular with that technique…and cardboard seems to be an endless and free supply, especially on recycling day!

I have also used that technique for small felting projects and have crocheted around the the edges to make a “frame” and loop for hanging.

I do keep one hoop as my working hoop but am thinking of buying the kind you can make any size or shape…not sure what they are called but they look like PVC pipe.

Q snaps. I have one, it’s ok. I forget the name of the one @Onyxnox recommended but I’ll check. It was pricey but absolutely worth it, it holds tight as a drum!

1 Like

Thanks…I have one marked in my Amazon shopping list for some time, just wasn’t sure I would use it as much, but I think I would!

I received this amazing needle book, yarns and soap from @plaidpineapple
Isn’t this needle book adorable?!?!

And the inside has little pockets on the front and back

And this super cool pineapple scented soap

And some gorgeous little yarn bits for weaving

Thank you so much! I love it!!!

9 Likes

Love the needle book and pineapple soap sounds delicious smelling!!

I love the design on the needlebook…so pretty and happy…you can NEVER have enough needlebooks or pincushions, in my opinion…

1 Like

That needle book is so pretty!

QSnaps-I use them for cross stitch but they are too loose for embroidery for me. Also, if your QSnap gets loose, you can warm up the clamps with a hair dryer and mold them to the frame again.

2 Likes

I knew there was a reason I had not purchased them yet! I am mostly doing embroidery now so I will probably just stick to the traditional hoop…

Just claimed @grabacoffee!

I am SO behind on commenting on everyone’s beautiful things, but they’re all so fabulous!

@Kwality570 those notecards are gorgeous!! and the woven bookmark is so cool!

@AIMR the pineapples and wristlet are amazing!! All those crochet goodies are wonderful, and I can’t believe you made a macrame plant hanger - macrame is bacrame :rofl:

@Edel beautiful masterboard tags and the headband looks deliciously snuggly! And I love your printed fabric AIMR used :two_hearts: It’s sad that dandelion hoop went missing, it was really pretty.

@mel those wrist warmers are fantastic! great colour, that is such a lovely gift :seedling:

@Ewulotta I adore both of those zippered pouches! Such exquisite sewing :star_struck:

@plaidpineapple what a great package - the pineapple soap sounds amazing :pineapple: and the needlebook is brilliant!!

1 Like

Wow! So many amazing things! That needle book is beautiful! I need to put one to my wishlist too :wink:

I think the lovely @irid3sc3nt is quite busy and hasn’t been able to join in this round, so I hope she won’t mind if I go ahead and post a pic of what I sent her for the first claim this round :slightly_smiling_face:

I claimed her for something inspired by her Halloween Pinterest …

They are about 3" x 7" I think, acrylic and Inktense on watercolour paper and thick matboard. I was really pleased with how they turned out, especially the cat. Halloween isn’t a big thing here, and I didn’t grow up with it (except for in TV shows) - it was fun to try painting something different!

8 Likes

@jemimah those are ah-mazing!! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I finally got @mel ’s notecards sent, but I also received from @fishstix43!

She sent awesome dryer balls and metallic watercolor paints!

To show the shimmer…

Also this fun notecard was enclosed!

Those balls went into the dryer IMMEDIATELY and I’m looking forward to creating with those awesome paints!

Thank you for everything!! :heart::heart:

9 Likes

I knew this gallery would be filling with lovelies!

@jemimah the Halloween paintings are spot on…perfect seasonal colors and subjects! I especially love the little black cat, since I have two of my own Halloweenie kitties!

Felted dryer balls are a great wish! I like them especially when needing to fluff up things like towels since dryer sheets take out the absorbency!

Metallic watercolors…hmmm…another thing to put on the supplies list!

2 Likes

Oooh, that is a very pretty package @fishstix43!!

2 Likes

This gallery is so much fun to look at! I’m debating another claim. My summer vacation is soon and there should be time for more crafting…

I just wish my current packages will hurry up and get to their destinations so I can stop worrying about them :laughing:

2 Likes

I got thoroughly spoiled by @jemimah she sent me a beautiful package.

First out was this owl tag, it’s fab and is going into my journal.

Next this lovely set of note cards, more happy mail opportunities! I particularly love the paper cranes

And if that weren’t enough, this great mug rug. (How do you get your edges so crisp in your applique? Do you use an adhesive bonding?) The colours in this are just perfect.

And the perfect sentiment for today. I’d spent the day chasing a particular type of nails for the builder, so this was a good reminder. And I love bees

9 Likes

Yay, I’m so happy you like everything! Yes I did use fusible web for the mug rug appliqué, I don’t always, but it does make it smoother.