Ongoing Wish Swap Round 3 Spring Edition Gallery

Wow, really? Our winter, begins on June 1st here, so I would have assumed your summer starts on June 1st. Do your seasons not go by the months? That’s fascinating :slightly_smiling_face: (We are learning about the seasons with our grade 2 kids at the moment) :wink:

1 Like

Season change is based on the solstice & equinox. I did not know other places just picked an arbitrary date!

You learn something new everyday! I had no idea it was different elsewhere in the world :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder why? The quarter markers of the year makes a natural sort of sense after all. So interesting!

1 Like

Okay! It looks like we have enough interest to keep it going through June. So…I will change the dates and keep claiming through June.

5 Likes

Yay!! I’m about ready to send and claim again, nearly finished my things for @plaidpineapple :smiley_cat:

Both the change of month dates and the equinox/solstice dates are commonly used here in Aotearoa New Zealand. I think change of month is used for record-keeping like Australia. But our weather is very changeable - I saw an article where most people here said the season just changes when Mother Nature says it does and don’t rely on a date.

3 Likes

Oh yes! The weather does it’s own thing really :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d love that!

I received from @Kwality570 !

First off, I needed some handy notecards to stay active in the Happy Mail craftalong…it will be a bit before I can make more on my own…these are all so lovely and have such nice sentiments that fit our little world! Each card is its own piece of art!

Next, I got the neatest woven bookmark…I will be reading a lot over the next few weeks so I needed this! I love the textures!

To wrap things up, she sent me a cool stamp and some tags to mark my projects! Oh, and two easy recipes for me or my hubby to cook…I love potato salad so I can’t wait to try this one!

Thanks for brightening up my day…it was a tough one but made better by your package of good stuff!

5 Likes

That’s a really great package of good stuff :smiley:

1 Like

Just sent in my Q for the extended deadline! I had to take a step back from crafting for a while, but I’m ready to jump back in!

3 Likes

I wish I could claim again, but my house is in complete chaos at the moment, the builders are at a horrible stage. But I’m loving this gallery

4 Likes

It’s okay. Maybe later in the month you can.

Check out the awesome crow wristlet and super cool pineapple banner that @AIMR made me. I love them both! Thank you so much!!!

7 Likes

I forgot the card in my drug induced haze…the fabric was printed and sent to me in a swap by @edel! I was saving it for a special project, and since I know a special baby has been visiting you in your garden, I had to make it for you!

2 Likes

That package is just so fabulous for you!

wow, so interesting!

My baby brought me a nice spine and threw it in the fountain. :joy::nauseated_face:

1 Like

nice or *mice ??
:nauseated_face: either way :dizzy_face: