Ongoing Wish Swap Spring 2023 Gallery

Yep-they are little napkins

4 Likes

Ooh, lovely vintage haul from @MightyMitochondria!

3 Likes

Monday, Mondayā€¦here we are again! Did everyone have a good weekend?
I need to pack up AIMRā€™s hoop and mail it out. I hope she likes it!

4 Likes

Iā€™m halfway through my workday right now and definitely excited to get home and start working on the swap packages Iā€™m making.

3 Likes

I made a batch of coffee stained paper yesterday to pair with some double sided gelli prints for making pocket sized journals :slight_smile: Still havenā€™t claimed anyone but Iā€™m thinking about it! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I had a great weekend. My husband came home after being out of town for a week. It was so nice to have him back. :heart:

4 Likes

Iā€™m working on @Cindy 's items. Iā€™ve got the colorful backgrounds together now Iā€™m working on her Pooh character. Next the ā€œTā€ and this one will be good to go!

Iā€™ve decided on an idea for @Kwality570 's broach, and Iā€™m excited to start on that! :blush:

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget the claims are for a ā€œmediumā€ item in time! :slight_smile:

Taken from the swap guidelines: Medium ā€“ 3+ hours ā€“ small amigurumi (6ā€ or less), tote bags, basic scarf, hooplas (outline or felt), earring & necklace set.

6 Likes

Oh! Okay, apparently i missed understood what I read. I thought, even tho claiming the two ATCā€™s, since Iā€™m hand drawing them, it would count as a medium. It takes me a bit to draw stuff. Iā€™ll pick something to go with these. Thanks for telling me!

6 Likes

Dangā€¦I would definitely love getting TWO ATCs in this swap as a medium! I think was she is saying is that some of us are going too LARGE or complicated in this swap and are a few days lateā€¦I have to remind myself it is a MEDIUM because I want to make some stuff on the list that is really way more than 3 hoursā€¦I will have to adjust my picking as wellā€¦

We all over achieve hereā€¦lol

5 Likes

Itā€™s hard because we do have several overachievers here (like @AIMR said), but we all want everyone to at least meet the minimum requirements so swapping is fair for everyone. As long your claims will be taking 3+ hours each, they definitely count!

5 Likes

I also think that people who put smaller things on their list are basically saying that they are alright with that. I might take three hours to make something that someone else who is more experienced can make in an hourā€¦that is fair to me to get the item if I list itā€¦like art work, for instance. Or even a pair of earrings, which I have little skill in making.

4 Likes

I completely agree that things can take longer for others! Thatā€™s part of what I love about our community is people trying new things and getting to try them myself. Itā€™s definitely hard to be efficient at first at any craft/task.

I think I misunderstood this swap because I thought that the items should equal a medium if they werenā€™t a medium themselves. Kind of like in regular swaps when you can do either one medium or two smalls.

7 Likes

Oh, you are probably rightā€¦I just remembered this swap being more of making and getting what you wanted. Just ignore meā€¦ :grin:

5 Likes

I think I often send a bit more than one medium item. But thatā€™s because Iā€™m lucky to have a lot of time available to craft, and I have a stockpile of little finished objects, so itā€™s easy to toss in a small extra. Also, I really appreciate swap friends being willing to mail internationally.

I certainly donā€™t expect anyone in this swap to send me more than one medium item or equivalent. I just love handmade items - if youā€™ve enjoyed creating it, I will love it.

7 Likes

@AIMR @Kwality570 , my drawing, when itā€™s of the more difficult things to do, does take more 3 plus. The character one took me well over an hour and Iā€™m still working on it. Then creating the ā€œTā€ one may take as long or not, depending on the item I decide to draw. I chose to do two ATCā€™s, just for this reason.:blush: So it would be the equivalent of a medium -Time wise.

Thank you both for helping me! :hugs:

5 Likes

Sounds great!!!

3 Likes

Hey, @Juju I wanted to let you know this wasnā€™t directed to you specifically, but to everyone as a reminder.

Everyone here makes this community the great place that it is! :heart:

6 Likes

These are the requirements:

The size of the claim can vary in size but we should really try for medium. Remember, a ā€œsmallā€ project can take a few hours so even if it is little in size, it could take time to craft. You may also put down supplies or other wish list, again letā€™s strive for a medium dollar setting.

(example of something that is small but takes medium time: mug rug, jewelry, embroidered tea towel)

6 Likes

the weekend was goodā€¦got my thing done for @Cindy, then decided on ONE MOREā€¦got that done too and was able to get my claim mailed out yesterday!!

the weather is FINALLY spring like. not too hot yet, so iā€™m enjoying it.

4 Likes