Ongoing Wish Swap Spring 2023 Gallery

I am doing great. I should be able to mail your two things tomorrow. I already had the foundation material for @mel’s wish leftover from a previous project, so the rest shouldn’t take long once I get started.

3 Likes

I am waiting for a couple of necessary supplies.

In the meanwhile, I have been eyeing other lists to see what I might need for future claims!

Raining now and through the weekend…but I have plenty of things I need to get done, including baking a chocolate birthday cake for my husband! His birthday is Monday!

5 Likes

It’s too hot! :stuck_out_tongue: I signed up and am working on my wish list as well as figuring out what I can reasonably make in my free time :heart:

6 Likes

i plan to work on a little something something for @Cindy this weekend. was hoping to find something that was exceptionally cheerful looking at the store today, but i did not…found some other stuff to start something completely unrelated to swapping…going to start knitting a blanket for the mother and her intended’s wedding gift (nothing major stressful…going to be using 25mm needles because i want this thing done before the actual wedding…)

other than that, just hoping to take it easy…maybe do some chores and get ahead on a few other things.

2 Likes

We were supposed to help our oldest son and his family move today, just one load of a large u-haul he said, hah!

two loads today and we didn’t finish so we are going back tomorrow because my hubby says he’ll feel guilty if we don’t help them finish.

4 Likes

We went away overnight to a big town a couple of hours away that’s known for food production and a lot of people with Italian ancestry. We’ve returned home stuffed full of gelato and excellent pasta and tasty treats, nomnom!! We keep carbs to a minimum in our daily eating, so it was a special treat that we really enjoyed.

I have all day to craft today, so I should be able to mail my first couple of claims in the next few days. I find this swap so good for giving me lots of project ideas!

4 Likes

I just sent in my signup! I love this swap!

4 Likes

Checking in! I finished AIMR’s hoop last night. Now I just need to get it packed up and in the mail.

6 Likes

Can’t wait! I am anxiously awaiting specific supplies. I got a notice that they shipped, so hopefully, they will arrive by the weekend so I can make what I want for both of my peeps!

4 Likes

I just added to my list in hopes of unstalling this swap.

I like this kind of swap but always get nervous when I make a claim just for this reason.

4 Likes

Your list is fine! Hang in there…I think once the first deadline is over (May 8th), people will claim more. It is just in a holding pattern with everyone working on the first claims! Plenty of time…

4 Likes

Don’t worry @Cindy, like Linda said, I’ll be ready to claim again soon, once I’ve got my current claims underway.

5 Likes

Question for everyone with journals/notebooks on their wish list - Are you looking for specific paper, lined/unlined, watercolor, lightweight, mixed media, etc? Specific size?

I enjoy making journals but I want to be sure I’m guessing right :sweat_smile: I usually give them a pretty cover with masterboard or sturdy scrapbook paper and fill with plain printer paper mixed with other fun papers if I’m feeling spunky. But I do have some other paper types on hand.

You can send me a private message if you want or reply here :upside_down_face: Also if there’s anything you’ve seen me make in the past that you’d love to have please let me know! :grin: Thanks for helping me evade swap anxiety! :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Oooh! I would love any kind of journal you want to make. You paper crafter folks are truly amazing and I would be happy with whatever inspires you. :heart:

4 Likes

I like handmade journals with mixed papers…a mix of painted, plain, scrapbook, trash…The variety inspires me to write, draw, take notes, etc. Also, any kind of journal cover that might cover a plain school composition notebook or smaller so I can fill it myself…

I use notebooks and journals for everything from work to household things to just keeping them to look at for inspiration!

5 Likes

I received from @MightyMitochondria. Such fab vintage linens and a cute little pin cushion! Thank you so much! They are great!

IMG_4318

12 Likes

Yay!! I am so glad they arrived safely.

2 Likes

Nice stuff! Is the pincushion sitting in a tin mold? I love the matching linens!

2 Likes

Yes, it is a tin mold.

3 Likes

Pretty! I love the blue with purple flowers (napkin?) in the lower right

2 Likes