Organization Bin Hangtag Labels

I’ve been working on getting our mudroom more organized as it has to serve multiple storage purposes: our coats, hats, scarves, hats, etc., less-frequently used small appliances, wood stove supplies, recycling, etc. & so on - mostly on open shelving.

Some more-used things are now in opaque bins, so I made these overly fancy tags to label them.

BinTags01-03a

The paper tags were cut with dies using my Sizzix Big Shot, the ticking stripe fabric was leftover from a duvet set I made a few years ago, and the grommets are from a stash that has been in my life for as long as I can remember.

The idea for the idea was in my extensive “tags” Pinterest board.

Here are the tags with their bins and their handmade covers.

13 Likes

These are awesome! I’ve love the ticking- it gives them kind of a cool rustic feel.

This is a great idea, and an even better execution! And speaking of execution… As I was reading the first line of your post, my brain got confuzzled, and I read this line

as “getting our murder room”. Clearly the lack of caffeine in my life isn’t a good thing.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheMisterT has a friend in Seattle who was sharing in-progress photos of his basement remodel that included BRIGHT halogen work lights and tarps, etc. which I referred to as “the murder basement” and now their perfectly lovely basement will always be “Adam’s murder basement.”

1 Like

What a cool idea to be able to change them. Smart thinking, girlie!

1 Like

Thanks! I like that I can change them and that the paper won’t get as beat up and grungy.