Ostara Swap Gallery (former Witch/Wicca/Pagan) - S/O 03/03/2020

Y’all, Beltane is May 1. Shipping would have to be April 16th? A month crafting would give partners on March, 16th.

IF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED, I would have to post the Beltane swap today. Swapping is still not live/supported on Lettuce. It is a risk. Thoughts?

2 Likes

I’m interested!

1 Like

I cut the bit of egg crate for them to sit in, and then packed everything in the middle of lots and lots of paper curls. (All the packing elegance is entirely stolen from my old Wonderful Objects subscription.) It looks like that worked better than the one that managed to crack open on the bottom while sitting in my kitchen!

2 Likes

I’m interested too!

1 Like

I have never heard of this thing! I will have to check! They are so delicate, I would have been incredibly anxious, but they turned out beautifully!

Sadly, the subscription service is now defunct, but the people who did it are still making pretty things at their new site (the name of which temporarily escapes me…)

I see the little hare stamp peeping out on the side, there. I’m so happy she has her own post!!

Everyone has made such beautiful things!

I love the huge variety in mediums, there’s such a range. I wish they could all be together as a bigger display. The similar colours and the theme make them all feel united even though they’re each individually so different. I really like being able to see them all. Thanks for making and sharing!

2 Likes

Swapping is an amazing thing. There’s one main topic, and xxxx versions in so many mediums. It’s astounding, for sure.

2 Likes

I want a snake now…

4 Likes

Honestly, I said that to someone else JUST today. I’m hoping we keep going rounds, and one day, it’ll be my turn!

(Talkin bout ya sneks there, @Wildblue)

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! So many treasures! I adore the snake and forest man dotee.:heart_eyes:

The garden balm looks divine and I’m soooooo glad someone made eggshell candles. The rich purple shells are lovely. I thought about making some, but I’m pretty sure Ireland’s customs officials would not be impressed. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, it already takes an act of Goddess to get it there in the first place!

2 Likes

Look at all the lovely embroidery! The bunny is so super adorable and those feathers, how cool are they? I like that you sent succulent starters, I hope they take and flourish for years to come!

1 Like

I invited @Nou to partner with me for this swap and she graciously agreed, not only that, we live close to each other so decided to meet up in person today. I am so happy to have been your first craft swap partner! Not only because you are a lovely soul who I very much enjoyed meeting, but also because you utterly spoiled me with these delicately beautiful treasures.

Just look at this marvelous hare Triskele! The buns are shaded to represent the passing of the seasons when their fur changes from summer brown to winter white and it’s built on a fidget spinner so it actually goes round and round!

The transition between the ears and the cratered full moon are so wonderful.

That alone would have been more than enough but there was a second item. I’ll show you the side details first. A shelf of bract mushrooms.

Then these moss loving pale toadstools.

This is the front. GREENMAN!

His face is ringed in oak leaves. He is gloriously peaceful to look at, that sweet expression.

He’s gazing so lovingly at a MAGPIE!

The shimmer, the teeny tiny feathery details, the glimmering eyes, Oh, I LOVE THIS so much, I can’t even tell you. It’s the first magpie gift I’ve ever been given and it is utterly special and will be treasured forever.

Thank you so much for partnering with me and crafting such delightful and personal items. Your first swap is always going to be my favourite :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Woah. @Nou.
I’m searching for words here. The 3 hares under the moon. The contours And shading. So smart to put on a fidget spinner!! Which I am struggling to wrap my head around the size!! And their eyes! Truly wonderful!!

And the Green Man egg!! Holy.Smashballs.!! So nuanced and delicate. He is certainly of the forest. Glorious, indeed. Mushrooms, eggs, oak leaves, golden gaze, and our Magpie.

I hope each of these get their own thread. They deserve to be admired by everyone!

1 Like

A magpie for @Magpie! Lovely! And using the fidget spinner for the triskelle is brilliant. :grin: Really impressive sculpting, @Nou. :green_heart:

2 Likes

I met @Magpie today! She was so nice! And she made me a beautiful present!

She prepared this lovely card for me, it has the perfect springtime theme and is delicately shimmery. Also pictured is the pretty key ribbon she wrapped my gift in. (I got too excited and forgot to take a picture before opening it, I’m sorry.)

She made this beautiful embroidered nature scene. Each flower has delicate beading at its centre, and all of the beads are of a complimentary colour to their flower. The stitching around the edges has a gradual change from lighter to darker green. It looks really cool.

She showed me how she’d even added hardware to the back (yes, really! Awesome!) so I would be able to hang it up. Then she told me to open it. Yeah, I was floored. There’s more artwork inside!

Ready? Look how cute! There’s a whole little world inside!

Teeny tiny bees with teeny tiny wings! A glass mushroom! Silky grass (I keep touching it) and this adorable bunny :heart:

There are so many beautiful things to see, I tried to photograph it as best I could but hopefully she’ll be able to post additional pictures.

There is everything from paper crafting (gelli prints!) to beading and embroidery. I love the variety of fabrics she used in the very back layer.

I tried to get a better picture, I wish everyone could see these minuscule wire flowers she made. They create such dimension.

I have hardly been able to put it down. It makes me so happy. Thank you so much, @Magpie. I can’t believe I have a tin of my own, and that it was made by you. I feel like it is my own personal happy place.

4 Likes

It was so lovely to meet you! What a fun afternoon, I am so pleased that worked out. And I am very happy you like the little tin I made for you. Do you see, we used very similar iridescent beads? Your eyes, the centers of the round flowers inside my tin… Isn’t that a neat little detail? So cool.

2 Likes

Yes! We were crafting on the same wavelength :smile:

1 Like