Ostara Swap Gallery (former Witch/Wicca/Pagan) - S/O 03/03/2020

I think it is so cool to be able to deliver your swap packages to each other in person!

Both of you seemed to hit the mark in making something beautiful and well made for each other!

Love the egg…so much detail all around and that sweet magpie for our sweet @Magpie!

The tin is adorable…such a lovely spring time scene with flowers, tiny bees, mushrooms, and that bunny!

This gallery is such a happy one!

2 Likes

Wow, that snake hoop is cute and I love that tin @magpie and @nou that green Man is awesome

3 Likes

@Nou I am so blown away by the details of the hares and green man, the perfect fungi and the wee magpie! Wow, it’s such wonderful work.
@Magpie your stitches are beautiful, and the layers and details of the scene inside is amazing. What did you use for the grass?

2 Likes

Hold on to your hats. I got the most amazing package from @MightyMitochondria I love everything! I actually can’t pick a favourite item. Ok maybe this one. This really detailed embroidered piece I love it, it’s so spring and fresh. I’m having a hard time deciding what to do with it, there are about a million things I want to use it for, for now it’s on my altar table as a harbinger of spring. Did you crochet the border too?

And more fabulous embroidery. These miniature hooplas, they are tiny about 1-2" and so lovely. And corvids!!!

And if that all weren’t enough. This super cute hare necklace and a lovely lovely Brigit’s day card. Thank you so much Rose. I love everything xx

5 Likes

ahh…the hint she gave revealed how wonderful I knew this piece was going to be! I love the monochromatic look of all the leaves and flowers surrounding the hare…

the tiny stitching is incredible as well…what a nice way to honor spring…

1 Like

Wow, @MightyMitochondria you are so good at embroidery! I’ve never seen a hoop like the little oval one, it really suits the bird’s shape. The border of the big one is gorgeous. I really like the colours you chose, too.

1 Like

@Nou, that rabbit fidget spinner is simply marvelous. Each rabbit is unique, but they go together as a group perfectly. The Green Man is fantastic, too. The wood grain of his body adds such interesting texture to an already beautiful sculpture.

@Magpie, I adore all the details you packed into a teeny, tiny tin. I’m so glad you included a signature mushroom to your spring scene.

@Edel, I’m happy the package arrived safely. Shipping overseas always makes me nervous. The doily was a vintage find that already had the lovely crocheted edge. I just added the embroidery. I found the tiny embroidery hoops on eBay. There are many for sale and I may buy more. Be aware, they are not well-made. I broke one and had to glue it. The other has holes that don’t line up, which is why it is held together with thread and not a screw.

3 Likes

@MightyMitochondria your stitching is so dreamy! I love the botanical home you gave the little wild hare. wonderful! and the multiple wearables? that’s a pretty stellar grouping!

2 Likes

I love Nou’s tiny sculpting! That device of the three hares is traditionally called “tinner’s hares” - I guess now they’re “spinner’s hares!” :laughing:

I just got my own lovely package from Ludi! We’ve been partners in a few different swaps over the years, but I’m always surprised by the things she makes.

Look at the beautiful little bunny she carved!

I think he’s carved from basswood (am I right, Ludi?) and is very small — about four inches long.

Even though that would have been enough to make me feel spoiled, there’s more!

Look at these two brilliant eggshell ornaments! I love the colour of the brown egg, and the thread wrapping accents it perfectly. The black and white one is just plain elegant. :tophat:

Thanks for these, Ludi! I hope you enjoy what I’ve sent you at least a fraction as much!

4 Likes

Wow! The carved rabbit is simply marvelous. I just love the curves to its body and give the ears lie over the back. And those eggs! The floss wrapping is so clever. What a cool swap package.

1 Like

I love the whittled hare, @Ludi! This is the second carved piece - I don’t know I knew you did this! Not that I know everything of Ludi, but is this a new medium for you?

I love how stylized she is. Resting , motionless.

:heartbeat:

@MightyMitochondria, those embroidered hoops are so cool, I’m in love with the black and white one. And the upcycled doily stitched piece has so much fun greenery. I really like the hare and blue flowers! It reminds me of stitched samplers.
@Ludi I don’t know which egg I like more, but the blue and browns are really pretty together and the black and white one is so striking. The whittled hare is so sweet! And it’s only 4 inches, that’s amazing!

1 Like

All the bunnies! The embroidery is just gorgeous! And that carving, whaaaattt???! Wow. Just wow y’all.

1 Like

Had to check out the carved hare…it is wonderful and so organic…perfect for this swap!

I have never heard of egg wrapping…it must be a delicate procedure! They are lovely.

2 Likes

Right? It’s completely new to me, too!

I love the blend of weaving and knotting. and confess to loving the brown one. The colors are rich.

2 Likes

Maybe this is that mysterious craft she’d mentioned on Discord! I’d been very curious about what she had invented.

2 Likes

OMG! You are right! She said she hadn’t seen it before!

Maybe this is why all of use are stumped! Haha! I think you are right, Nou!

1 Like

Your work is beautiful, @Ludi. I just love your rabbit and your eggs. Very well done. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Yes, Wulf, it is basswood. Whittling is a new medium for me, and a real challenge compared to sculpting with clay. If you mess up with clay you can just wad more back on and try again - not so with wood! I want to do more but it is hard on my hands which are becoming arthritic. The wrapped eggs are the new medium I hadn’t seen before. I used embroidery floss but I think the base wrapping should actually be small cord. I plan to do more of this in the future.

This gallery is just wonderful so far. I particularly like the hare cards and painting, and the Greenman egg.

6 Likes

Received a wonderful package from Wulf. What jumped out first was this beautiful embroidered witch hat

Then this gorgeous wax resist egg

Also included were a load of extras

Thank you so much Wulf!

:sparkling_heart:

6 Likes