Our Galactic Baby Lion

We lost our sweet kitty child to a bad anesthesia reaction recently. It was long before his time and it’s been especially hard to accept, so…therapy through art, right??? Not that any death is easy to accept, of course. We perceived his fave color to be green, as all of his fave toys and blankets were green. He gravitated to it, even when the toy was exactly the same, other than the color, lol. So I watercolored a green nebulous galaxy for him, and added the constellation of his kitty people, Leo. We also named a star after him, that is located near the butt where his luxurious tail would be attached, lol. Kitty butt rubs in the sky, tee hee!

30 Likes

Your painting is beautiful just as a painting, but with the lovely meaning behind it it’s gorgeous. I’m so sorry you lost your Pumpkin boy.

3 Likes

What a beautiful boy and a beautiful remembrance.

2 Likes

This is a lovely way to remember your sweetums! I love the idea of celestial galactic butt rubs. Cats rule the universe, we know that, so this honors him in such an appropriate method!

hugs and hugs and more hugs.

2 Likes

What a sweet tribute…I’m so sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Very sweet. I’m sorry for your loss… saying goodbye to our furry friends is so hard. :heart:

2 Likes

So sorry about your fur baby. This is a beautiful tribute.

2 Likes

What a beautiful, unique way to remember your sweet kitty baby. I’m so sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

me right now

What a beautiful painting and an even more beautiful tribute

3 Likes

Your painting is so stunning on it’s own. The story only makes it more beautiful. My Mom has a cat that has a favorite color too. His name is Ernie and he prefers anything bright orange, so I agree they do have favorites and I think he would have absolutely loved this. I know I do.
PS. I recently lost my fur baby after 21 years. I sympathize with you and I am sending you hugs. It’s never easy. Pumpkin was a handsome little man.

3 Likes

I would type more by I am crying…sorry for your loss, but what a beautiful tribute…wahhhh :sob:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you lost you sweet fur baby. Beautiful work on your painting for him.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you lost your sweet furry babe. What an absolutely wonderful tribute to Pumpkin. I love the idea of galaxy cat butt rubs!

1 Like

What a beautiful baby and a beautiful way to remember him. Your background is just gorgeous and man, I love how you even made the mat have little stars on it. Gorgeous!

1 Like

So sorry for your loss! It is a truly beautiful memorial you’ve created.

1 Like

Awhhh 21 years spoiled! I’m so sorry for your loss as well. You’re so right, it’s never easy, and I know in time this pain will be easier to deal with, but man oh man is it a hangry biotch right now!! Thank you SO much everyone for the love, it really does mean the world to me, ya’ll are the best <3. I’m trying to art therapy my way back to good. <3 <3 <3

3 Likes

What a beautiful memorial piece! :heart:

1 Like

Congrats! Your Galactic Baby Lion is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

Awhhh <3 <3 <3 Thank you my dear! <3 <3 <3

Sweet baby.

1 Like