Our Little Free Library

Beautiful Beag!

1 Like

Thank you too, @Abbeeroad, @Crafterlady and @Puamelia !

1 Like

What a cheerful little thing!

1 Like

I really love this! Itโ€™s so fun & colorful!

(& the cat is cute too! :grin:)

2 Likes

This is so wonderful! Beautiful design and I think the paint colours are fabulous! :smiley:

2 Likes

You should both be very proud of this. I love how the cheery colors make it stand out

1 Like

This makes me so happy. I just love it.

1 Like

Thank you very much, @MissingWillow, @jellybean, @PrincessP, @bethntim and @kittykill !

It has only been up for five days and weโ€™ve had so many people, especially families with children ooh and aah over it (that we happen to notice, since we donโ€™t often sit in our front room). Many books have already been taken and some have been placed in return. We are really enjoying it.

Also, the yearly flea market in our street went through this Saturday (last minute decision, because of the pandemic, so it was smaller and quieter than other years) and I bought a staggering 80 books (including small cardboard baby books and comic strips) for less than 30 euros! Every time I mentioned our Gratis Biebje, sellers would drop their pricesโ€ฆ
Once Iโ€™ve cleaned and, if needed, restored them, they will either end up in our own collection, or in our Gratis Biebje. Or Iโ€™ll read them first and then put them in there.
I also pay regular visits to thrift shops for second hand books, so I will have no problem keeping it stocked up.

8 Likes

Congrats! Your Little Free Library is one of this weekโ€™s featured projects. You are awesome!

3 Likes

Thank you, @kittykill !
That is so kind of you.

Marc is awesome!
(He made it.)

1 Like

Our Gratis Biebje has been up for 1.5 week now and itโ€™s a big hit!
Dozens of books have already been taken from it (mostly, as per the rules, one at a time), and also dozens have been left. Weโ€™re also filling it with books from our own collection and from thrift shops and flea markets.
I take all donations out first and sort, clean and, if necessary repair them, sometimes put them apart to read them first, before putting them back in. And some of them end up in our own collection.
Not only the visitors, but we also enjoy our Gratis Biebje very much!

6 Likes

I made book mark postcards for our Gratis Biebje and had them printed.
They arrived today.

(I blurred our address and e-mail address, that are printed sideways.)

5 Likes

Oh my gosh, this is so joyful! I love it!

1 Like

Thank you, @Cyn-energy !

1 Like