OWS Round 1 (August) Discussion and Gallery

That bee is so cute!! :honeybee:

Omg, I love bees! That is adorable!!! <3

1 Like

Hi kwality! I’ve missed you!!!

1 Like

I received this awesome bookbinding kit from @bluebird today. The cords are so pretty! It makes me want to make paste paper again. I am sure that my kids would love helping with that. I haven’t made paste paper since I was in college, nearly a decade ago now. lol
Thank you so much. I will put this to use soon, I can feel it! lol

11 Likes

Very cool…I need to make notes of the supplies needed to do some book binding myself…the cords are so pretty!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to seeing the books you create! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I received from AIMR! Oh my goodness! I just love what she painted for me! I love vintage and kitschy things. She painted these two mercats for my tiki bar. I can’t wait to hang them!

Close up of the paintings

The backs are so sweet and dear.

8 Likes

Not only did I receive from AIMR but I also received from fonduie. She spoiled me! Check it out!

Funky tablets that make food taste crazy. I ate a tablet and then ate a lime wedge and it tasted like limeade. A cozy mystery(I LOVE THEM!), black floss, an awesome enamel pin, a lettucecraft stencil

The most awesome rice bag. I am obsessed with these now since AIMR and now fonduie made me one. I think I see a new collection in my future. She remembered that I said I love sushi and miss it since the virus hit so the fabric is sushi.

Yes, that is Skeletor saying Live Laugh Love.

A better pic of the stencil.

Thank you so much @Fonduie and @AIMR. You totally made my weekend!

13 Likes

I love that stencil…I can see a lot of future crafts with that!

The Japanese knot bag is becoming one of my all time favorite project bag…I can slip a ball of yarn and supplies and knit in the long lines at stores now! I love the fabric

Favorite swap ever - so glad to see it happening.

2 Likes

What an epic gallery so far! I’m a little behind on commenting, so I’ll do it all at once. :slight_smile:

Those miniatures from @fishstix43 are just too cute! Those ATCs are sweet.

What a cool fabric bin and pincushion from @AIMR I love that fabric bin so much. Those little fabric yoyos on the side are just too cute. And those purrmaid paintings are just so cute. Good idea on the white outlines to smooth out your paint lines. It definitely makes the shapes pop. I love outlining stuff in white no matter what! The sushi bag is also just too cute. Useful and gorgeous.

@artsycandice What an adorable little fuzzbutt bumblebee. I commented on the separate post but it’s so cool!

@bluebird That’s an amazing book binding kit. What fun cords.

@Fonduie I’ve had those food tablets before and they’re so much fun! I can imagine that stencil will get a lot of use! Pretty cool!

4 Likes

So are you joining us? :grin:

1 Like

(waving)
hi!!!
I am sitting on the fence, watching all of the fun & trying to decide if I can swing
this before it closes!
it does look like a lot of fun~

1 Like

They are some amazing swap packages @kittykill!

@AIMR … your catmaids are so cool! I especially love the tiki cat :stuck_out_tongue:

@Fonduie … what an awesome swap package! I think I’m going to have to check out that series of books, sounds fun!

1 Like

I brought my project to work so I can work on it a bit during my lunch break. I hope to mail this out by the end of the week. Whew!

I crafted outside yesterday, using something I never thought I’d use for a swap… I need to do a test print before continuing to see if I made a mistake or not. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Hey gang! I TOTALLY suck! I somehow got one week off on my due dates. Apparently calendars are not my friend. So, I updated them with the right dates and will double check it one more time this afternoon. If you need to be late because of my screw up that is totally fine. You will not be penalized at all.

3 Likes

I received from @thanate today. A wonderful array of fabrics and a little tin packed full with metal bits and trinkets. Thank you so much!

8 Likes

I received my ETSY gift card from @kittykill (days ago!) and only today I thought I should share what I got in the gallery…silly me!

I got some AWESOME patterns that I can’t wait to sew/stitch up :smiley:

Thank you @kittykill!!!

8 Likes

Sooooo . . . I lost my keys on Monday. Thankfully I found them today. Yes, it took 3 days. I blame the lost keys on my slow moving. BUT my mom did pick up my michael’s order since I couldn’t go get it and I have one item almost finished. I’m going to get it done and hopefully out tomorrow or Friday and start on my other claim. Huzzah! I missed swapping!

4 Likes