OWS Summer 2022 Gallery/Discussion

That cross stitch is awesome!!!

I’m glad you like your coasters, @jillybeans!!

I received a stunning embroidery hoop from @kittykill this weekend! :cherry_blossom::butterfly:

I love it! The details are absolutely lovely, and I am very entertained by the idea of a “lunar” moth in place of a Luna moth. :grin: I also love the delicacy of the trailing wing tips, and the crisp line work in contract with the satin stitch planets. Absolutely gorgeous! I am picking a place on the wall already. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much for your beautiful, thoughtful work, kittykill!! :heart::rabbit2:

8 Likes

You are so welcome! I fell in love with this pattern and thought is was so pretty.

3 Likes

Great wish fulfillments happening here! I’m nearly halfway done with my claim for @jillybeans and happy to be crafting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is so lovely! <3

Still in the planning phases here. I know exactly what I want to make, I just need to get on it! It’s been a hectic couple weeks of camps for baby bean and dice photography and getting ready for vacation.

1 Like

Ok, my heat addled brain read this and immediately flashed to a glam super-model style photo shoot with anthropomorphic dice strutting the catwalk (like the commercial m&m’s style.)

I need more a/c lol

How is everyone doing? We are finally heating up here. It has gone from 60’s in June to the triple digits! What is up with that? I will be making more claims soon.

Lol! That would be pretty great! That would make a cute tik tok. I might have to do that! I do use bright lights and glitter background quite a bit. It’s very glitzy. :wink:

1 Like

It’s been such a mild summer her in Spokane WA for once. Its finally going to be hot next week, in the high 90s and 100s next week, but we will be on the Oregon coast where it will be 70s. It’s 95 today, which is the hottest day we have had this summer here. It’s quite unusual for us.

This gallery is fantastic. everyone is doing high quality work and creating beautiful items.

2 Likes

I’m so behind! I’m so sorry! I’ve been doing a lot of overtime at work, and my husband’s birthday was this weekend and we went out of town… And I forgot to bring my crafting stuff along.

Worst. Swap partner. Ever.:persevere:

2 Likes

I got really behind and now I’m on vacation so I changed my claim to supplies instead and picked them out and ordered them for bunby1kenobi last night.

I’m plodding along, this heat is wicked. I should be ready to send on Friday as intended. @jillybeans, are you on vacation next week? Thinking about should I hold off sending so it doesnt advertise that you’re away sitting on your front door?

We’ve got someone house sitting for us this week, so they will bring in packages for us. Send away! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are not the worst, you silly goose!
We have one more week of claims.

2 Likes

I have things done and ready to go in the mail tomorrow. Most of this was from my vintage stash so there wasn’t even that much actual crafting involved. Ugh. I hope you will like it when it eventually arrives!

I am struggling with half of my project here. I’m thinking I might have to scrap it and do it over from scratch. I’m really keen to send on time (Friday) and my house is strong in the force of distraction and interruptions so I’m taking a breath to evaluate the true situation here and not just roll around in my craft-doom feelings. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Update: If I’m being realistic I will be sending later than tomorrow. Like Monday. Will keep you posted.

2 Likes

Oh man! I just realized I never got the address for my package to @jillybeans! (I PMd just now.) I’m hoping to be ready to ship by tomorrow morning and then whenever I get the address I can label and send it. Fool of a Took am I!

1 Like

Sent! :slight_smile: