Paint Skin Jewelry

Several months ago videos of acrylic pouring started showing up on my Facebook feed and I was fascinated by them. So I had to try it. I covered my dining room table with a shower curtain, made a real mess, and fell in love with it.

When you pour paint, there is quite a bit that runs off the sides of the canvases. There are a variety of ways to use the runoff instead of throwing it away. I like to let it dry and use the paint skins in jewelry.

I always seem to have a dozen different pours or color combinations I want to try running around in my head, so I’ll have to explore other uses for the paint skins.

33 Likes

I love the paint pours and your jewelry! I actually saw another artist at a local fair who was using the paint skins, as you are. If you’re looking for ideas, I think I bought a keychain from her booth.

3 Likes

Your jewelry is very nice
I always fight with the pours. the first one goes (flower) but the others are always a mess.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I knew there were uses for scraps from fabric and paper crafts, but never thought about the paint pours “scraps”!

What a unique and considerate use of the leftovers…the jewelry is lovely! They look like polished stones!

Thanks for sharing your large and little art works!

3 Likes

Welcome to LC!
These are really creative and pretty.

@Lynx check these out, I know your house likes to paint pour, too.

3 Likes

Welcome to LC!
The first pour is very striking, on the black background.
I understand what you are saying about the left overs, it always bugs me when a craft leaves a lot of “waste”. Your solution is wonderful, with beautiful results!

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. I’m always looking for ideas. I’ve done a few bookmarks and plan to do some keychains. I have also seem some beautiful wine bottle stoppers.

3 Likes

I know what you mean. My pours are rarely what I envisioned. Sometimes I can play with them until I get something I like, sometimes I can embellish them with things like temporary tattoos, and sometimes I just pour over them. It’s those times when a pour comes out as good or better than I expected that keeps me excited. I’m learning with every pour so my results are getting more predictable.

4 Likes

Your pours are stunning but I LOVE the way you used your leftovers. Super creative and beautiful!!

2 Likes

These are lovely! And the jewelry is beautiful, too!

2 Likes

The pours are beautiful. I especially love the first one. It’s stunning. I don’t think I have ever seen them with images made out of them. I also love that you are using the extras. I have never done this so I am not sure what the leftovers are like, but they look beautiful in the jewelry! I bet they are a lightweight alternative to heavier stones.

2 Likes

:tada: :dizzy: Congratulations! This spectacular project is featured this week! :dizzy: :tada:

2 Likes

Wow, you have really embraced this technique. I love your results and the colors are so-o-o fun and lovely.

1 Like

These are gorgeous! Both the paintings as well as the jewerly. I really like how you’ve come up with a novel way to not waste the run-off paint!

1 Like

Mama Kay, welcome to LC! (@ Everyone, @Millykay is my amazing Mother in Law!!!)

I somehow missed your post when it went up a few days ago. Thank you @Abbeeroad for featuring it, so I didn’t miss it!!! I told you folks here would love to see what you did what all the runoff paint. They are all so beautiful.

3 Likes

Thank you! That was a surprise and it made my day.

2 Likes

Thank you, Jennie. This is a wonderful site and there are so many talented people here. I’m having fun exploring and getting inspired.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Gorgeous! I’m very partial to the organic feel of the second one. Such beautiful jewelry, too. Two crafts in one! Amazing!

I feel like I should curtsey, welcoming crafty royalty like @MistressJennie 's MIL! :grin:

Thank you. The second one is actually one of a set of coasters done on 4" tiles.

Jennie is the best DIL!

1 Like