Painted Coffins

I love these little light-up coffins that Michaels sells. Painting them is like stress relief for me. This year the lights change colors! I picked up three of them and had a little fun. I also used the lightbox I got from Amazon during a Prime deal. It is small, but I think it works nicely.

I wish I would have planned better and not made the cat black. You can’t really see it that well.

This project put me in the Halloween mood!

15 Likes

Ack, these are so cute! I picked up the cat one this past weekend and have been waiting for inspiration to strike.

2 Likes

You did a great job on the painting! I love how you used multiple colors to create shadow and depth!

I am now repeating to myself, “I have way too many projects in the works. I do not need to go to Michael’s.” I will simply enjoy looking at yours (and @wittychild’s if she gets them posted).

Great first use of your lightbox! What a good investment for getting nice, well lit pics. Now I think we need a picture of the lightbox light off and the coffin lights on!

2 Likes

Agreed! They’re pretty flashy and fun.

2 Likes

I will try to grab a pic tonight. :jack_o_lantern:
and @wittychild I would love to see yours!

2 Likes

You’ve really brought these blanks to life with your mad painting skills!

1 Like

Very cute!

1 Like

These are awesome, well done! I especially love the shading on the skull and the ghost kitty, it adds so much depth.

1 Like

Agree that the shading takes them over the top! Super cute Halloween decor.

1 Like

I really love these - so fun!

1 Like

You totally transform these little coffins!!! Love this batch.

1 Like

I think the cat one turned out great. It totally reads as a cat with those stunning green eyes. It reminds me of Beetlejuice when Lydia says, “No feet.” It works!

1 Like

I picked up the snake one and was waiting for some inspiration as well lol. This did the trick!
I’ll be working on that this weekend.
I was thinking of putting some white tissue paper inside to dim the lights a bit and hide the bulb.

Your shading is on point!

1 Like

@curiousfae Clever idea about the lights! I’d love to see your snake (thats what she said).

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:
That made me chuckle :joy:.

1 Like

“I’d love to see your snake (thats what she said).”

Bahahaha!!! It’s a good thing I wasn’t drinking something when I read that!

Your coffins are absolutely awesome! I agree that your painting skills make these next-level!

1 Like