Painted Van Gogh Vinyl Figure

I went to see the Van Gogh exhibit at a local-ish museum a few weeks back and picked up a blank DIY vinyl Van Gogh figure produced by Today is Art Day.

He sat around for a bit while I thought about how to paint him and I finally got to work on him this week.

His face is inspired by his self portraits and his jacket is my (and countless others) favorite work of his “The Starry Night”.

Materials wise, I didn’t use anything fancy. Just lots of thin layers of craft acrylics.

29 Likes

A great homage to his style. Hard to believe he was blank!

1 Like

It’s absolutely amazing!!!

1 Like

Love the colors you chose and the face details!

2 Likes

How fun is that?

1 Like

He has wooden shoes!!! How cool is that?

2 Likes

Ack!!! Love this so much!!! An inspired rendition of him.

1 Like

Very fun project!!

1 Like

It’s so cool! Now I want to have a Van Gogh figure :joy::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Amazing paint job! I love the jacket and how you worked the Starry Night all the way around.

1 Like

This is really cool, I like it a lot.

1 Like

Could not be more perfect. Great job!

1 Like

So awesome!

1 Like

Very clever choices, and very well done.

1 Like

Superb execution!

1 Like

How lovely! He had such a great eye for color. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s so cool!
Did you see Loving Vincent? It was soooo good. This looks like something that could go with the movie.

1 Like

Wow! This is amazing! Also, love his clogs!

1 Like

I love Vincent van Gogh! As a kid I didn’t but nowadays I really admire his work so much! It is great how you represented his style on this little figure. Sterrennacht (starry night) is one of my favourites too, but my favourite is Amandelbloesem (Almond blossom).

1 Like

How awesome :smiley: I love that you painted him in Van Gogh’s style :smiley: Great that they sell blank ones, even though it’s a bummer for those who can’t paint. But I’m sure they also sell painted ones XD

1 Like