Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

Clean-up paper?

1 Like

First layer of your next masterboard. :wink:

3 Likes

Working on different projects - more homemade Valentine cards, inspired by Kristen Peterson/alteredstatesstudio and the Ugly Art club.

And a page in the Leftover journal - Alisa Burke. I cut shapes out of Kraft paper and a painted sheet, doodled on the shapes but need to finish doodling in between the shapes.

And from the New Years Eve Artsy Meetup, Leaca Young’s lesson. Of course, I had to find a vintage diary - this one is 1941. It measures 3.5” by 5-7/8”.

The pair of stenciled paper dolls is a Leaca Young stencil set.

10 Likes

I love all of this!!

That page with the blue, wow! What will you doodle? It looks fab already!

This is an awe-inspiring thread to scroll! DANG, y’all!

I just popped in to share the new challenge, because I knew this group would come up with some amazing representations of spring.

1 Like

I love your work in that diary…

1 Like

Alisa Burke’s style is to add black lines in the spaces. I’m not confident yet to try that. I want to try it when I’m relaxed - not in rush mode.

Your artwork looks fantastic @Smmarrt! I love what you’ve done in the vintage diary, especially the paper doll page, wonderful!

1 Like

Decided to swatch all of the blue and green acrylics on my art cart. Super useful for selecting colors, I’ll need to do the rest of my paints too

6 Likes

I had a stack of 8x8 canvases and was curious what it would look like wrapped over one.

I might do more with it later but I’m digging it for now.

10 Likes

Well that’s awesome!

1 Like

One thing leads to yet another creative idea! Great idea…looks very modern art! :heart:

1 Like

Thanks @Abbeeroad and @AIMR! I turned it 90 degrees and now I love it. Tomorrow I’ll get it up on the wall

9 Likes

wait…is this the backing sheet from above? :arrow_up:

Yep! I did like 3 hours of gelli printing yesterday so it’s got lots of layers and colors (lots more were added after the initial picture).

1 Like

It’s brilliant!!

1 Like

@photojenn @megwell @AIMR @jemimah @Abbeeroad @Magpie @jeanneleigh
Hey everyone, I am fighting a migraine and can’t make this afternoon.

If someone else wants to run it I can set you up as a host on my zoom (send me your email).

Or we can postpone this a couple weeks (I can’t do next weekend).

Preferences?

3 Likes

I was going to have to bow out anyway, so I’m happy with postponing. But if someone else wants to run it, I’m also fine to just sit this one out and wait for the next one.

I am going to work on my scrappy swap stuff today. Feel better Carlee!