Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oopsie!

3 Likes

Haha! You’ve just got my back. It’s a good thing!

4 Likes

She says on January 2nd :joy::joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Hahaha…you caught me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here’s my January prompt page

• gray
  • number
  • security envelope
  • mark making

12 Likes

I’m leisurely doing Junk Journal January again. I skipped yesterday, but here’s my page for day 2, starry.

I’m still using my Nancy Drew journal from Ex Libris Anonymous.

10 Likes

Update - I bought the class. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

At least you held out for 2 days this year :joy:

1 Like

Woohoo! I rewarded myself for finishing my #carvedecember project with Julie Balzer’s Year of Gelatin Printing so I’m going to try my hardest to focus on that and not sign up for any more classes for now (famous last words). Please post progress pics and your thoughts about the class since I’ll probably sign up for it in the future.

4 Likes

Woohoo!! Good luck to both of us! :smile:

I also treated myself to some pens and notebooks for the class. Hey…you only turn 40 once, right? :laughing:

7 Likes

Nice! I just turned 40 right before Christmas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I still have a couple weeks, but I’m obviously already celebrating. :sweat_smile: HBD to us! :tada: :cupcake: :paintbrush:

2 Likes

I caved and bought the Imperfect lettering class, ordered 2 grid composition books from Amazon, and chided myself for being a weakling when I hear the words “Early bird pricing”

6 Likes

I’m having some FOMO over the Imperfect Lettering class but just remembered I already have this Find Your Font class from Joanne Sharpe. Telling myself that if I didn’t finish the first lettering class I signed up for, I probably don’t need a second one :joy: I’m guessing Wendy’s class will have a lot more content though based on the pictures I’ve seen. :see_no_evil:

Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing reviews!

ETA - sigh i made it 15 min after posting this before signing up…

5 Likes

Here’s day 3, stained.

10 Likes

The good news is I don’t need to buy any supplies! I already have one of the fancy Rhodia spiral notebooks (Amazon tells me I bought it in 2015, it’s super nice but never found a good use for it) and the air micro pen. So at least I’ll be keeping one of my goals for the year for now :joy:

3 Likes

I keep going back and looking at your page. I really like the color combo and the textures you achieved. I can almost feel the textures just from the picture.

And apparently I post too much :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

That looks fantastic @megwell! I love the personality you put into your collages. (something about this one looks familiar?)

Gorgeous grey and pink @geekgirl! feeling inspired …

Lol @photojenn, that is some passive-aggresive AI! I wonder how much it would take to provoke it further?

4 Likes

I’m sure we’ll all get that message eventually!

1 Like

Haha, yes, I forgot to note that @jemimah has a cameo in this one. I cut out one of the faces from a postcard you sent me and peeled off the back to try to make it less bulky. But when that back piece had “quirky” on it perfectly intact, I had to use it. So that is indeed a bit of your handwriting.

7 Likes