Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

One more week to join the Paper swap…you can sort through your stash, get rid of some stuff and find that thing you’ve been looking for. A win-win situation.

I have a project in progress that I will post this weekend that uses up a lot of paper (I hope). And I’ve made about 30 more coffee sleeve books - my mom requested them for her two book clubs. So much paper!

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing that project! I’ve sent in my Q for the paper swap, thanks for organising that :smile_cat:

1 Like

Here’s my page for the may prompts. I did the letters at random but now it just makes me think of Chick-Fil-A

11 Likes

It’s got a patchwork-y feel that I really dig!

2 Likes

Ooh, I like this!!

1 Like

I just finished making a watercolor art journal so I can start playing with the neurographic art! :grin: It took the better part of today :sweat_smile: but it’s all ready for me to start using tomorrow :partying_face:

9 Likes

Gorgeous!!

1 Like

You do beautiful work…and I love that you transformed your son’s work as well!

1 Like

Really cool! I love that bright pinky purple.

1 Like

Hooray! I finished my first neurographic piece :smile: Inspired by all of you :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

Fabulous pieces! I love that pink and green combo @geekgirl, and your layering is stellar! The watercolour art journal and art piece are just beautiful @Reinikka!

2 Likes

Soo cool!! Great colors!

2 Likes

Anybody know what kind of pens these are? Youtube video link
They look like twisty … glass?

Yes, it’s a glass dip pen. I’ve seen them in pen shops, but never tried one.

Here’s a little intro I spotted - Are Glass Pens Worth Messing With? Guide to Glass Pens — Joyful Journaler

They do look so pretty to use!

1 Like

Jet pen?

1 Like

Alisa Burke classes on sale - Happy Mothers’ Day!

7 Likes

Jet pens is so cool.

They had some good articles in fountain pens when I was researching what to buy a few weeks ago

2 Likes

Yesss, I’ve been waiting for the next sale! Pattern Discovery, here I come.

3 Likes

I saw this technique and thought the end results were cool.

But I am an idiot. She is in a spacious work room. I am in a small spare bedroom/craftroom with a smoke alarm almost right above my head.

I burnt one hole saw the smoke trail up and was like uh this is not a good idea.

5 Likes

Yeah, I try to do crafts that involve fire outside…

1 Like