Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

would have never thought of this for reuse/repurposing!
great idea, and I appreciate you planting the idea!
I also like your stamped papers & want to try that as well

1 Like

I used some paper scraps to decorate my little To Do notebook

9 Likes

Nice! What kind of glue did you use to secure the paper?

matte gel medium. I put paper under the covers so I wouldn’t make a mess and glue the pages together.

1 Like

Cute! I love your faux Tim Holtz papers too :smiley:

Just a little reminder as we head into the holidays: please don’t forget LC this year! We enjoy this place for all the fun swaps, inspirational craftalongs, and incredible inspirations. We have formed some lasting and amazing friendships. And we have done it cost-free. Please think about giving to show your support and love for this great community! Let’s keep this Craftalong going for years to come!

3 Likes

Today, (mostly today), I did a thing.

I follow this thread avidly and then get too hung up on my inexperience when a meet-up happens so never join in.

Even this project had a few weeks of procrastination before moving forward. But I had 3 hours of back to back mostly passive meetings this morning. I wanted to listen and not try and do other work, which I often do, so I thought I would progress this.

I vaguely followed this process: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mi1bIQyMoD0

And ended up with this:

I might add a sentiment yet, and definitely something to seal it because I used some pastels that will probably get messy

Anyway, my first attempt as some kind of art journaling I guess, and it’s purple because I like purple!!

11 Likes

Ooh, I like this! It has sort of a planetary vibe to me.

1 Like

I love her work! Nice spin you put on yours…I like the bars on the bottom.

1 Like

It was very much a case of work with colours I like and with what I have.

I didn’t have texture paste but I have revisited old threads on here and could maybe make some for future projects. I don’t want to buy more until I am comfortable with ‘doing’. (Unless I go all out crazy and just buy stuff as is also sometimes the way!! But I am trying to be sensible)

2 Likes

Oh I love your version! It looks great. And nice shading.

2 Likes

That looks really cool Ren!! I especially like your contrasting colours and the smudgy effect.

2 Likes

Awesome work! Cool colors. I love your lines and different shapes. Balances out the big circle and adds interest.

1 Like

Here is a link to a free workshop to make collage papers. Starts today through Dec1

5 Likes

I got three bottles of acrylic ink in my Blick order…totally forgot why I bought them…was there a video or did someone mention them in zoom? Not sure how to use these…

1 Like

I think you can use them to refill posca pens, but I could be wrong!

File this project on things I make for no reason.

Inspired by Somerset Studio magazine -

The dresses are about 7” tall and mostly hand-cut. I have patterns for a few other designs. Hoping to use stash painted & printed papers and scraps and whimsies and other tiny things that live in my apartment.

9 Likes

And the map dress is upside down- oops. No biggie.

I mean that I cut it wrong but I like it anyway.

1 Like

How awesome that you made these just because you were inspired to. Sometimes inspiration can be so fleeting. Why not take advantage of that spark!
I really like the map one. And the graph paper for the apron is super clever.

3 Likes

Very nice!