Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

Omg that’s awesome lol.

Great…it is in my cart…my sister has a chonky cat (28 pounds)…I have an idea to make her a folding book of her cat as well as other chonky cats!

4 Likes

Alisa Burke end-of-year sale on classes. Most are 50% off…just saying.

2 Likes

This one was fighting with me from the outset. I couldn’t get anything to work, so I just added to it. “Just keep painting”

I kept putting it down and coming back to it to see if I had a new wave of inspiration.

I think I’ll try another tutorial for the next one so I don’t have to over think!! I know there are plenty on this thread and the previous year’s ones but if anyone has a recommendation that would be great.

5 Likes

Who all is doing this tomorrow?

Also, an FYI, one email said that if you attended last year you already were set up for The LifeAlchemy Academy™ on Mighty Network but I was not. I had to create an account.

I like your composition. you left like a more empty area in the middle to rest the eyes and have a lot of activity going on in opposite corners.

This is a pretty quick video. She has a lot of good videos that don’t need a ton of special supplies

so does Susanne Rose Art

3 Likes

Thanks. I intended to leave more white space, but y’know things kept happening!!

I’ll take a look at those links too!

I didn’t get an email and I was there last year

Here is the link
It starts at 10:30 AM Central Time

This is fabulous Ren!!

1 Like

I’m in but I’ll skip parts and hope to rewatch next week. I don’t like that we had to join yet another hosting site but it is what it is.

Thanks, it’s very easy to be over-critical to oneself.

1 Like

I didn’t end up signing up this year because of scheduling and the price increase put me off a bit. I look forward to seeing what you make. Have fun!

I woke up headachy so who knows if I will do any of it live or just watch the videos later.

I wonder if the price increase is because before you got 2 options, video access for a couple of weeks or video access for a year and this year there wasn’t that option. I think we will get all year access by default:

This year, you’ll get all the 2024 content and any sessions from 2023 & 2022 from returning teachers. The older content will “drip” out to you each month so you have something to look forward to each month and to bring you back to your artsy practice over and over again.

3 Likes

I love the colors and the composition!

New thread for 2024!

6 Likes

I watched some this morning but since we have more time to view the videos, I think I’ll go finish The Crown. And be asleep by 9 pm if my neighbors aren’t &$@holes this year.

5 Likes

today was a blah day and I was trying to get rid of a headache so I took a super long nap. I started listening to the sessions around 6 but I am not arting along. I do have a couple of cool ideas already though.

4 Likes

The second half of the crown has been very tedious. But maybe it gets better!

I didn’t do the new years thing, but I’d love to hear of any inspiration you find @geekgirl

Bedtime here x

3 Likes

There are 30-minute and 60-minute classes. It seems to flow more this year. I missed some but they made paper feathers (Shemi Dixon), affirmation bits (Kristi from Soul Positive), and now an easy book with ripped holes like a tunnel book - not sure what it’s called with a lovely teacher named Joyce Van der Lely.

2 Likes