Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

Right?! It’s so cool! The scanner interface and the amount you can do right on the machine is amazing. You can also send it up to Canvas Workspace (their online program) and edit it. Plus the cut file is saved so you can customize it as much as you want in the future (bigger, smaller, take out parts, etc). It’s a really powerful machine and far superior to my Cricut Maker. The main benefit to the Cricut as far as I can tell is that it can technically cut with more pressure. But the auto blade on the ScanNCut just worked out of the box vs with the Maker I ruined a few pieces of Mylar before I figured out the right settings.

2 Likes

Cool stencil!

I finally broke out my crop-a-file for the first time.
I felt lost. I couldn’t figure out how to open it up and punch a hole. I had to watch a video. The unlock feature was super stiff and hard to open. And it would have never occurred to me the the top and bottom parts were for joke punching. The instruction sheet leaves a lot to be desired.

But I finally got my hole punched and snapped in an eyelet.

5 Likes

I’m glad you persevered! The colors and textures on that heart :heart_eyes:

Here’s a better pic.

Once I figured it out the hole punch was super easy. It cut through the heart like it was butter.

7 Likes

@magpie and I were just talking about how you were using your crop-a-dile! I see you have out it to good use! Love your artsy heart!

That stencil is SO BRILLIANT! I love it, what a cool machine!

@geekgirl the heart looks gorgeous! yay for persevering!

1 Like

Help … do you mean Crop-a-dile? I’ve been trying to figure out what you’re using but crop a file only brings up how to crop computer files.

lol it is a crop-a-dile…autocorrect has no clue what a “dile” is…I fixed my post…

1 Like

Enabler Alert!!!

ArtSnacks has a couple of different boxes for $10 each until the 14th. Normally they are $25.

I tried ArtSnacks a while back for a few months but they have expanded their selection.

They also have Watercolor boxes and Art journal boxes. the Artjournal boxes are quarterly and $69. which is $23/month. about average. (watercolor is $89/quarter)

And it seems you get a good amount of stuff:

EACH QUARTERLY ARTJOURNALSNACKS BOX WILL HAVE:

· 5"x7" journal
· 4-5 full-size, premium art supplies focused on mixed media
○ An assortment of individual products and sets
· Various ephemera
· 3-4 exclusive, instructional livestream sessions
· 24/7 access to a private online community
○ Includes prompts, tutorials, techniques, and more!

4 Likes

Playing with the direct cut feature of the ScanNCut to fussy cut out a sheet of wonky bits I had laying around.

5 Likes

THAT is a clever idea!

1 Like

Having the built in scanner opens up SO many possibilities over my Cricut. I was waffling back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to get a ScanNCut since I already have a Cricut. Early January I started making a list of all the projects I wanted to do and how I would use it and the list kept growing so I finally went for it once Feb rolled around and I’m very happy I got it. I haven’t even hooked it up to the online portion yet, everything I have been doing so far has been on the machine itself which makes it really convenient.

2 Likes

I’ve only used the print and scan function on the cricut a couple times because my cricut is downstairs and my printer is upstairs and I am lazy. a built in scanner would be awesome.

Is anyone doing the 100 Day Project? I signed up for the emails but I haven’t settled on a “thing” - post cards? Greeting cards? Fodder? Paper dolls? I can’t decide.

3 Likes

I really want to take this class but hotel and rental car would be 2x the cost of the class, not even taking air fare into account. Gah.

In more attainable news, Alisa Burke is launching an architecture influenced class that looks really cool and I might sign up for.

Did anyone take her pattern petite class? I’m looking at that one as well.

2 Likes

Oh so much temptation you guys!!!

I think I’m keen to sign up for the architecture one @photojenn, thanks for the link!

1 Like

Ugh. Bummer about the class cost! Put it on the someday list, lol.

I would have said architecture is not my strong suit but the class looks really cool! I think it might be just the right amount of push out of my comfort zone.

1 Like

I just started that one, I’ve only watched two lessons and it feels similar to Doodle Petite. I really love the Doodle Petite class (still not finished though) and if there isn’t a lot of overlapping lessons then I will be happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t taken Pattern Petite, but I’ve been eyeing taking the regular Pattern Discovery class with a mini notebook. Although now I’m thinking about the architecture one, darn you.

2 Likes