Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

Her 2 doodle classes are the favorite ones of hers I’ve taken (doddle it out and doodle petite). There was some but not a ton of overlap between the two.

For the pattern petite class, would you say there is a lot of overlap of the content from doodle petite? I think she sets up most of her journals the same way and has some similar shapes but I like how she talks about filling space in her doodle classes.

The larger pattern class looks fun too but the petite one is appealing to me just because of its size. Doing the larger one in a smaller notebook is a good idea!

I just did a quick look through all the lessons of each and there is a little overlap but it looks like there is some variation in the overlap so they are not exactly the same lessons. They definitely look like their own separate classes to me :star:

1 Like

The Pattern Petite class is on sale for $10…just sayin’

1 Like

Heads up, looks like Alisa has also moved over to Teachable. I signed up for the Architecture class and had to sign in there. This is my first time using Teachable with Alisa…you may have already encountered this, lol, but just in case I wanted to let you know! I know it wasn’t ideal for your set up.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Teachable finally fixed the issue I was running into after about 3 months so I can AirPlay my classes to Roku again :tada:

1 Like

Oh, awesome!!

Anyone want to art journal this Sunday at 2pm Eastern time?

Time Zone conversions:

Time Zone Converter – Time Difference Calculator

• I’m in
0 voters

Supply List:

• collage elements. she did black and white. I think any neutral palette would work. Use tissue paper, graph paper, sheet music, book pages, washi tape, etc.
  • adhesive
  • clear gesso / gel matte medium - not necessary if you don’t have them. this is used as a coat over the collage before using watercolor
  • background stamps / ink
  • watercolors
  • white gesso / white paint
  • pen, water resistant
  • heat tool/ hair dryer

People to tag when there is an art journal zoom:
@kayrun
@Edel
@Lynx

1 Like

memememe!!!

2 Likes

I voted yes, but the girls have a cheerleading competition in the morning and I’m not 100% sure I’ll be home in time. If I am, I’ll be there!

2 Likes

I bet your girls cheerleading is super cute.

1 Like

Lol…there are definite moments of barely organized chaos, but they get better every week. They are the youngest ones on the team, which I worried about, but the older girls love them!

1 Like

It’s like you know how many Niamh Baly videos I’ve been (re)watching :laughing:. I’m going to try to make this one.

2 Likes

I like that she struggles with white space too!

Also if someone doesn’t want to do hearts I think circles would be good.

1 Like

I’m almost done with lesson one in Pattern Petite :smile:

11 Likes

That looks brilliant!

1 Like

Free 3 day (I think 1 hour video each day) workshop next week on design (it’s a taster for the longer workshop that’s like $2500+). The videos are only available for a week or so after IIRC. I did it last year and found it interesting but I think I’ll get more out of it this year as I’m trying to focus more on design principles.

Schedule of events from the fb group (the main lessons are on the website, not facebook, so you don’t need facebook to take the workshop)

1 Like

Ok, staring at this & realizing I need to make some of these doodle patterns into textures I can use on clay. :eyes:

2 Likes

Great idea! How do you make the textures? I’m envisioning something that you make the texture into then stamp the clay?

There are all sorts of ways, but my favorite right now is making a bisque-fired flat plate with impressions that you can smush wet clay into. I also found an old rolling pin in the gutter on the way to my kid’s school yesterday (we were so confused) which I’m thinking of sanding & then either carving or woodburning texture into.

(I also have a lot of smaller stamps of various types, but I’m enjoying having a larger pattern I can just use a bit of right now)

1 Like

I’m interested and I’ll participate (honestly though, it’s more about spending time with like minded friends than the actual project)

2 Likes