Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

I was going to have to bow out anyway, so I’m happy with postponing. But if someone else wants to run it, I’m also fine to just sit this one out and wait for the next one.

I am going to work on my scrappy swap stuff today. Feel better Carlee!

ok sounds like postponing is the best option. I will post a new one soon

1 Like

Migraines are the worst! Feel better!

1 Like

I hope you feel better soon Carlee!

1 Like

Carlee, hope that goes away soon!

I had originally said yes but came down with a bit of stomach bug today and was just coming to apologize for missing out only to discover I didn’t. I’ll look forward to next time.

2 Likes

I also came down with a stomach bug. I have been nibbling on saltines and tea. Looks like this was not a good weekend for a few.

Hope you feel better @geekgirl and @Cindy … I looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

2 Likes

Feel better all you sickos! :mask:

Here’s my take on lesson two from Pattern Petite

13 Likes

Man, hope everyone feels better! I, too, was laid out yesterday afternoon but it was my own fault for imbibing too much at a 40th bday celebration Saturday night. :woman_facepalming: Some lessons I apparently have to keep re-learning even at 40. :laughing: It was a good time anyway.

@Reinikka - loving your pattern petite!!

4 Likes

Here’s my journal page for the February prompts (blue, hands, lyric, fiber):

“I’ve been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can’t live that way.”–Natasha Bedingfield, “Unwritten”

6 Likes

Hope everyone who was under the weather is now feeling better. I think my migraine was weather related. it had been 70 for a couple days then dropped to 48 and rained.

@Reinikka I love that page! the colors are fantastic and I like all the squares.

@megwell great quote!

2 Likes

Here’s my page for the February prompts. I think I got them all.

8 Likes

Yes!! Obsessed with that flap and song quote!!! :blue_heart:

the writing is pretty wonky cause I was writing on canvas paper with marker. but at least since it’s a flap it’s hidden!

2 Likes

I actually love the writing!

It’s awesome!

Fabulous prompt page!

@geekgirl…yes, these crazy swings in temperature are wreaking havoc on our bodies! I can’t wait for more steady and consistent temperatures…plus, the pollen is starting up earlier…I just bought a mason jar full of local bee honey to get my immune system up to snuff…holy cow, $13 a jar…last year it was $7!!

I just found an unusual security envelope and had to share! :laughing:

10 Likes

I have a few of those in blue!

Here are some of my favorites in my stash:

7 Likes

Your patterns are fabulous @Reinikka, love the colours!

@megwell your art always surprises me, in the best way! love how your mind works

Brilliant blue page @geekgirl - the interactive elements are fantastic!

I had a go at an art journal page partly inspired by the video we planned to do. It was a fun one!

The journal is an old colouring book from the op shop, I painted over one of the birds on the page and freeformed the rest. Gesso, matte medium, dye-based inks, stabilo all pencil, washi tape, collage, black stamp ink. I left some space to write in it later.

11 Likes