Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

Nice, I remember that zoom time.

1 Like

Day…wherever I left off (4 maybe?):

Things started to feel a little repetitive and there’s a lot of collage coming up which is not really my thing. I might skip a couple days…

7 Likes

Alisa Burke flash sale this weekend 10 art journal classes.

Because we all need more classes, right?

4 Likes

More Pattern Petite :heart: I think this is my favorite class so far :smile:

Lesson six:

Lesson seven:

Lesson eight in progress (I’m not loving it so I might call it done and move on):

I also revisited lesson four with more colors:

11 Likes

Nice colours on them all, the second one is my fave though.

1 Like

Sketchbook revival - a free class in March and April.

4 Likes

Trying out a new doodle. I drew it with a fine pen and then coloured in the sections. Next time I’ll draw it with a thick pen so the lines stay straighter.

11 Likes

Way cool!!

1 Like

You make the most interesting designs! I love this one!

1 Like

Thanks, it was in a book @Magpie shared with me, no instructions so had fun figuring it out.

1 Like

Last night I did an art journal page inspired by this video from megjournals where she breaks down her usual process and then does it in reverse.

Instead of starting with a base layer of paint and/or collage, I went straight for the focal image and quote. Then stenciling/mark-making (which I guess is normally second in my three steps anyway, now that I think about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and the “base” paint. I fully intended to collage, but I was really happy with it at this stage and let that go.

The weather is very meh today; I may replace with a better picture if tomorrow is nicer.
Photo updated; these colors are a little truer.

7 Likes

I really like this! Love it when changing up your process works out!

1 Like

I’m scattered, starting lots of things and then wandering to work on other projects. But yesterday I made lots of colorful papers using acrylic inks and water.

12 Likes

I’m slowly working through “The Flower Journal” class by Alisa Burke. Last week I watched lesson four and finally sat down last night to do it. It wasn’t looking quite right but I was enjoying the process…

This morning I looked at her lesson again and now I see what I did “wrong” :sweat_smile: oh well, I still had fun playing with paint :art: :upside_down_face: now I need to decide if I’m going to try again on a new page or if I’ll try to fix this one :thinking:

6 Likes

I don’t think there is any “wrong”…and like she said, everything is “fixable”…I would leave it and just do it again…it is lovely and interesting!

3 Likes

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

HEY EV-ERY-BODY! It’s time to vote in the Spring Is In The Air Challenge! Get on over there before the poll closes on March 27, 2023!

Not sure if this belongs here since I did it on my iPad but including it here since it was one of the Sketchbook Revival lessons. I actually made one with markers and pencils this morning like she shows but I didn’t like how it turned out. Using the iPad feels like cheating but it allowed me to get the colors I wanted and was super relaxing to color in the shapes with my Apple Pencil.

It was a fun exercise and I can see myself making many more of these both digitally and physically (I’ll probably use acrylics next time).

7 Likes

I started doing this back in elementary school, I even have some in my keepsake box. Still fun to make.

1 Like

Yeah, hoping it’s a bit more intentional than my elementary school art :joy:

1 Like

As if I didn’t have enough unused scrappy masterboards, I made a new one this week. (In my defense, the sticking-and-plonking was a stressbuster, and it got a lot of the bits off my table.)

Then I got antsy and cut most of it down into ATC/coin bases and random bits that are probably too chaotic to use. Maybe I should just call them finished ATCs…

7 Likes