Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

Wow! The doodles completely transformed the page!

2 Likes

I was showing my mom the little watercolor book I made and she asked me if I could teach her living history craft group some bookbinding :blush: Now I’m searching for 1840’s bookbindings and finding mostly mass produced books with hard fabric covers :sweat_smile: did people do bookbinding at home? Was this even an idea for a hobby back then? Apparently more research is needed…

If any of you have helpful info I will gladly take it! :smile:

4 Likes

Hope this link works - this is a free mark making / collage class. it’s a little less than an hour and on teachable.

6 Likes

I splurged on this collage book of cats in cardigans. The images were just too awesome to pass up.

Cats In Cardigans & Other Attire:… Amazon.com

I used one in my art journal

13 Likes

Pretty awesome art and funny images!

1 Like

That’s adorable!! The background coordinates so well with that cardigan :smile_cat:

1 Like

I saw that book and thought of my all my feline friendly peeps. Cats look so good in cardigans. Who knew?!

4 Likes

They do! But I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to actually try putting one on a cat …

3 Likes

Finishing 15 or so coffee sleeve note pads for my mom’s book club friends. Most of the papers covering the sleeves are wipe-off/under papers with stencils, stamps, or splatters to jazz them up.

13 Likes

Those look so cool @Smmarrt! I especially like the multicoloured dots/dashes one.

1 Like

That is a photocopy of a watercolor practice piece - experimenting with brushes and mark-making.

2 Likes

Blob painting video, the “waste” is almost the most interesting part!

I like the “waste” sheets better than her painting as well!

1 Like

I saw that video and tried it. I don’t have a squeegee so I used a cardboard piece.

It is fun but messy.

4 Likes

Well, I started a page with this month’s prompts and stalled out. But here’s the WIP.

Hilariously, the month when I set “letters” as a prompt has generated maybe the first-ever page I don’t want to slap a quote on :woman_facepalming:t2:.

7 Likes

I like just adding random letters

2 Likes

Ooo. Nice. Your paint strokes almost give it a mosaic quality.

1 Like

I swear I don’t know why I do the things I do. Spotted egg-dying kits at Salvation Army thrift store for 50-cents so I grabbed 2 packages and spent last night dyeing and this morning drying paper.

Orange and blue/green mixed

I stacked the paper with stencils in foil roasting pans. But this the only “print” I got - the stencil was dirty probably.

Purple, pink and red next!

12 Likes

I love this idea!

1 Like

It’s messy and you need a lot of space. I live in an apartment so I stuck the papers to the sides of my tub & shower. Now I need to clean the tub and shower!

4 Likes