Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

The free taster/teaser weekend for Make Create Express is July 8 and 9. Since it originates in Australia, I think for those of us in the USA it begins on Friday July 7.

4 Likes

This looks fabulous! Thanks for the link :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I approve of their example email

11 Likes

Anyone want to post prompts for June?

1 Like

Layers
Textures
Water
Grass

5 Likes

What a GREAT idea. Thank you for sharing this.

Off to find an egg color kit months after Easter…. :joy:

2 Likes

I see what you did there…. :wink:

2 Likes

Karen Elaine is this month’s Fodder School teacher. I did some research and found her YouTube channel and today she posted this video.

(I’ll link video tomorrow from my laptop) The title is Origami Dress Bookmark.

I grabbed a painted paper and followed along. The paper was a bit large (about 8” by 8”) but easy to fold.

I will try again tomorrow with smaller squares. I haven’t done the quotes on back and I may not. I like the dress as it is.

8 Likes

How cool! I never thought about making dresses (or anything other than animals or airplanes for that matter) with origami. So neat. Will you use it on a journal page?

1 Like

Yes, but I’ll probably just make them to make them.

1 Like

Fabulous! That paper is really pretty!!

1 Like

I’m playing hooky from work today and am making neutral gelli prints for collage

16 Likes

Ooo! Love these!

1 Like

Nice! These neutral prints are awesome!!

1 Like

They look like some kind of photo exposure. Neat!

1 Like

Those are seriously cool!

1 Like

Two coworkers were joking about fish tacos before our staff meeting today… I dreamed up this design on the drive home and spent about an hour and a half knocking these out :sweat_smile: I’ll be gifting them to said coworkers tomorrow… here’s hoping they don’t think I’m too weird afterwards :crossed_fingers::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :taco: :fish:

Taco Fish
IMG_7899

16 Likes

I started ICAD (Index Card A Day) again this year. It runs June 1 to July 31 - a 61-day art challenge. My goal is to use gel prints, fodder from Fodder School, and all other random papers I painted and I can’t remember what their purpose is.

I have a lot of backgrounds finished and hope to catch up this weekend.

12 Likes

Omg these are fantastic.

3 Likes

@Reinikka the fish tacos are fabulous and hilarious!!

@Smmarrt I love your ICADs, the different painted papers are gorgeous! Inspired!

3 Likes