Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2024

I like my piece so much better after I covered up the blue jelly fish and added all the white

And the extra piece I’ll cut up for cards

11 Likes

Those came out lovely! I really want to make the next zoom.

2 Likes

Here’s my finished piece from yesterday. (I was not following the video.)

I did end up adding a focal point, a bird die cut I got from @goatgoddesss in an embellishment swap.

9 Likes

Your one makes me think of a secret garden hiding in a grimy industrial landscape @Abbeeroad - it looks fabulous!

I really like how you adapted with the white @geekgirl, you created a really nice balance between energetic and harmonious. And the pink piece will make gorgeous cards!

That piece looks so cool and vibrant @megwell, the focal point really works well!

I hope you will be able to join in next time @Tapestry, it’s a lot of fun!

I started out with the first layer like the video, but then went in a somewhat different direction, and ended up with a couple of 4x6 postcards.

11 Likes

I like how the blue one is like the ocean and the pink one like a forested mountain!

Using white instead of dark lines make these so cheery!

3 Likes

I mentioned in the art journal zoom how I had ordered liquitex acrylic gold ink on Amazon because it was only $3.71 and I was looking for gold ink. Normal price for them are 6.99 or more.

They sent me red ochre. But for 3.71 I was like ok I’ll keep it and try again. The second time they sent me deep violet.

Since the price was so good I ordered 2 more to see what I would get.

They sent me 3 gold :rofl:

I’m sure it’ll be used. I ended up with 5 bottles for $14.84

9 Likes

Omg hilarious!! I might roll the dice and see what I get, too.

My inner niffler is fighting my practical side which says I already have several gold paints. But they’re so pretty!

I do not need to buy more acrylic ink… I do not need to buy more acrylic ink…

Edited to add - it looks like they have a handful of colors that are $3.71…

Edited to add x2 - I’m weak…

5 Likes

Amazon thanks you…I ordered 3 bottles. Let’s see what I get!

1 Like

Did you order all the same color? I did 4 different colors that were all $3.71 each. Mine might come from a different distribution center so might not get as lucky on the color roulette.

3 Likes

Last year I ordered quite a few colors from Blick so I only wanted the gold…I hope that is what I get.

1 Like

I ordered several colors at the $3.71 pricepoint- :crossed_fingers: as to which colors actually arrive! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I cant find the cheap ink on Amazon so I guess I’ve been saved from myself.

Looks like gold is at $9 now. I’m guessing our orders triggered their pricing algorithm to update because of demand. You can get any color for $6.77 on Blick’s site but that’s their regular price there. I did see some of the other colors are still $3.71 on Amazon.

3 Likes

I can resist every color but gold, lol. I’ll keep an eye on the site incase it goes back down!

2 Likes

Here’s my piece. I had the blue focal plants in my stash. I enjoy these random free-flowing type of lessons as it is not something I am super comfortable doing on my own. Thanks, @geekgirl , for hosting these and challenging me to try new things!

9 Likes

Here’s my first one- it’s got a lot going on (may need to tinker with it a little more)

I like the 2nd one better-

9 Likes

I like them both, but, like mine, there is a lot going on…I feel a bit frenzied, like when I look at certain art work like Picasso…my brain wants things a bit calmer like your second one! Lovely!

1 Like

This is me as an art teacher, trying to introduce the concept of mixed media to preschoolers. I put a pencil at every work station - this week it was liquid water color and thin/skinny brushes. The results:

8 Likes