Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2024

And a slightly bigger one

9 Likes

I really love those gold swirls!!

1 Like

Some of the black & white papers mentioned the other day.

Iā€™m making a stack of random papers - Kraft packing paper, book text, some vintage things, and every kind of white paper in my house. Then when taking a break from cleaning/organizing, I use the collection of black pens to make marks. I need to look at my Pinterest & Instagram saved posts to try some new marks.

10 Likes

Everyoneā€™s papers look so great, I love the handmade mark-making!

Beautiful collages @geekgirl, the gold really sets them off perfectly!

1 Like

I love all of your marksā€¦looks like you will have loads of fine papers to work with in 2024 (and beyond!).

1 Like

Itā€™s becoming a problem. I love to make the papers but I only use a small amount.

3 Likes

Excellent pages. These b&w pages are my favorite. I need to get some old book pages - love the combo of the marks on top of typing.

I started messing about with this during the week

Not sure itā€™s done yet,I did add some splatters after this picture but they donā€™t show very well so I may go back over again

6 Likes

Thatā€™s so pretty! I especially like the soft colour blends and layering.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Is there a Zoom this evening? If so, where might i get the link? Thank you!

No there is no zoom meeting today. We havenā€™t planned the next one.

1 Like

Ok thank you!

The latest in my explorations into arty mess-making!
Thereā€™s a lot of purpley / pinkiness coming up because I put down too much paint for what I needed and well - waste not, want not! (Probably not anytime too soon, some things are not speaking to me!)

7 Likes

I really like the colors! And the white circles definitely add to the piece.

1 Like

They were the last addition that kinda made me think - Ok, Iā€™m done here. Before that, there has been a lot of pondering about what to do to make itā€¦ well anything.

There is another piece that is in timeout because at the moment, iā€™s just ā€œmehā€

These are generally pieces that usually start during long, listening only work meetings!! (Shhh, my laptop & mouse keep getting paint over themā€¦), so they have no specific goal.

Itā€™s just a way to get started really

1 Like

Itā€™s a great way to get started! This piece is really pretty!

1 Like

Love the colors and those circles!

1 Like

Working on neutral collages and balancing out light, medium, dark values

11 Likes

Oh I love these. Youā€™ve got great value distribution.

1 Like

I like these a lot!