Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2024

I may have to cut back on watching trash journaling videos before bed. I definitely had a dream about putting junk mail in my oatmeal :grimacing:.

6 Likes

More fiber!

4 Likes

Has anyone used one of these circle cutters from fiskars?

Iā€™ve had this a while and forgot I had it and used it to cut all my circles in my collages.

What a PITA.

I NEED 3 hands. One to hold the top down. One to hold the paper still and one to rotate. I used one hand to hold the top and the paper but my hands are kinda small and it left my hand hurting.

Also there is no precision. Yes there is a ruler but no ā€œmarker ā€œ to line the ruler numbers up with. I had to guess and cut a few sample circles to see how big they were.

Anyone use any better circle cutter?

I do have a cricuit but I donā€™t like cutting papers with many layers of paint and gesso on my cricuit

2 Likes

I have some heavy duty circle cutters like this from Amazon. I use them to cut through everything including sticky backed magnetic sheets

https://a.co/d/ev04Lon

2 Likes

I have a 2.5" one that doesnā€™t cut through thicker paper smoothly. and I have a 3/4" and 1"

I guess I will have to go buy a better 2.5" one and look at getting a 1.5 and a 2" one. was hoping for 1 tool for many circle sizes.

2 Likes

I have one but havenā€™t used it much at all.

lol I put mine in the giveaway pile since I never use itā€¦then I pulled it out to try and use it one more timeā€¦it did not even cut through printer paper without a lot of mashing down and repetitive turnsā€¦Now I am putting it in the trashā€¦

I do have some really nice circle punches, heavy duty, but the biggest circle I have is only about 2 inches.

2 Likes

I use the mini Tim Holtz die cut machine, the Sidekick? But it only cuts 2ā€ wide. Itā€™s great for small things. But I also have another small die cut machine called Evolution by WeRMemoryKeepers. The width is 4 or 5 inches.

I use the EK Success punches too but with 50/50 success rate.

Another whatever journal page with the piece I got from the makerspaceā€™s Random Acts of Art board.

6 Likes

Finally rescheduling this:

Art journal zoom on March10 at 3pm Eastern time

Supplies needed:
watercolors
brushes
water soluble pencils
paint pens
collage papers
adhesive
focal image (can be one you made)

• Are you going to attend? (you donā€™t have to do the video but some sort of crafting is required)
0 voters
3 Likes

Yay for a rescheduled zoom - boo for Daylight Savings!

Looking forward!

Yay! Looking forward to it :smile_cat:

I voted yes, but Iā€™ll be honest ā€“ I may be a game-time decision if springing forward knocks me down.

2 Likes

Really fun video today, even though there were some struggle moments. Nice to see everyone!

12 Likes

I like those bold rectangles and the addition of the circles!

2 Likes

That looks great @Abbeeroad!
The video was a good one- made me try new techniques (that Iā€™ll hopefully improve atšŸ˜œ)

2 Likes

Oh no, I forgot about this! Didnā€™t put a reminder in my phone.

2 Likes

We missed you!!

1 Like

love your black and white areas.
Your piece really does look like a landscape.

1 Like