Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I just love your ladies. Super inspiring!

2 Likes

All of your tags are wonderful! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m going to make more paper dolls too - they are kinda addictive!

3 Likes

I watched all of the videos this afternoon from the Fodder Lessons (on 1.5 speed :yum:) … I need to make some more fodder :stuck_out_tongue:
So this afternoon I had my first go at a masterboard. I used a mixture of paints, stencils and stamps.

It’s A3 sized, I’m not sure how big to cut it down to, I’m sure it will look better once it’s trimmed.

13 Likes

Super fun and colorful! I love the white squiggles (stencil?).

2 Likes

The magic is in the cutting up for sure. Yours is brilliant, beautiful work :slight_smile:. Personally, I always add splatters, it gives a real dimension & depth.
I think the more of a hot mess you make, the better they turn out in the end!

4 Likes

Splatters are magic! If you are and your space are not covered with splatters, you need more!

@PrincessP --love the bright colors, the high contrast of black and white, the stencils…I think the goal is that when you cut it up, no one thing should be recognizable by others…

I cut my 12x9 paper into 6x3 tags or 4x2.5 tags…then if I need to do an ATC, I can cut it down further to the proper size. I don’t think there is any “correct” size…when I make notecards, I have a size for that as well.

2 Likes

That might be the most colorful masterboard ever! I really like this!

4 Likes

It really just depends on what you want to use it for! Cutout shapes like circles, hearts, stars, backgrounds for atcs or cards, a silhouette of something…the sky’s the limit on what to cut it into.

3 Likes

they are great!
thx for sharing how you made them, as I always have a supply of empty tp rolls around here!
bookmarking this for future reference~
and I like the words you chose!

1 Like

you talked me into it!
LOL
I’m branching out into unknown crafty territories ! (for me at least)

and @Abbeeroad, it looks like several of us signed up for that doodle class!
maybe we can share our progress as we go along~

4 Likes

@Abbeeroad it was a stencil, leopard print I think?

@Magpie I tried some pink splatters at the end, but I don’t think I did enough - also, I think a splatter box would be a good idea because I sent paint flying, and this is a space where I sew as well :stuck_out_tongue:

@AIMR @Lynx I think I’m going to cut some tags to start with :slight_smile:

@Bunny1kenobi thank you :hugs: that’s what I was going for!

… off to try to find the doodle class

5 Likes

Yes! I hope folks will share their progress. I still have to sign up. I watched the first fodder video yesterday at least! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Zero luck with the Gelli Print image transfers, but I think it has to do with the types of paper I had to experiment with. I’ll try again when a different batch of images come my way. Still, it got me printing a ton of pages for my LC summer challenge project, and it led to getting color onto ALL my remaining French-English dictionary pages, moving them from the “raw materials” area to the “fodder” category! :laughing: I didn’t have much solid-color paper to work with before, so now I have a good bunch. A taste of the rainbow:

9 Likes

Very nice, they will be great to work with

1 Like

Last night I did some slow art journalling, I was inspired by a picture I saw on Instagram. I was drawn to the concept of slow drawing and used the circles a chance to be mindful at the end of a busy Sunday. Not sure if if there was a correlation to sleeping so well, but I did! I might go back and add some more layers or journaling to the page.

12 Likes

This is really nice. I love the blue textures you’ve achieved

2 Likes

I think making those would be very soothing and perhaps release some good hormones that helped with your sleep!

Beautiful contrast and love how you left the white all around…

2 Likes

Just wanted to show some of the items I made for my partners in the Paper Embellishment & Ephemera swap. I photographed them in pairs so I couldn’t post until they both received.

Paper dolls

Water colored circles

Fabric and book page envelopes

Inspirational quote cards and altered playing cards

Origami pockets

Book page pockets with decorative napkins & tissue paper

Book page tags - I can’t find the inspirational video but it’s just one page, folded in half twice, cut in tag shape, and sewn. After that, decorate as you would any tag.

12 Likes

Such wonderful and fun things!

I just love your dolls and the origami pockets!

So many ideas…

2 Likes