Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Thanks, going to check this out. I was just thinking there must be other ideas I could use.

1 Like

I love your doodles in the sticker holes!

And very interesting about the pens…thanks for sharing your experiment. Looks like I need a PC-1m!

4 Likes

Can you try the white pens on a painted paper? Do you think the results will be different?
I’m curious - I might have to try this also.

Here they are on acrylic (I didn’t post it before because the paint color isn’t my favorite). The pc-1m has much better definition than the rest. I’m thinking it might be from how fine the nib is and it’s somehow laying down more paint in the small space making it more concentrated.

10 Likes

Who all has signed up for Fodder School? I have @Smmarrt and @geekgirl on my list but I feel like there are others who were planning to sign up as well. Should we setup a chat or thread somewhere to discuss? I was thinking we could also maybe swap some supplies if there end up being special supplies that are only sold in large quantities and we only need a few of (I’m looking at you manilla folders…).

I’m really excited to start in a couple weeks!

2 Likes

I have some manila folders saved from the recycle bin! :rofl: Why my husband put those in there I’ll never know :woman_shrugging: But I could cut them down to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and send them to anyone :slight_smile: I’m not signed up so I don’t know if that will work…? You can also always ask in Use it or Lose it

2 Likes

I can always get file folders at the creative reuse place - let me know and I can grab some. Both legal and letter sizes, sometimes the letter size in rainbow colors and sometimes the expandable folders, which I plan to snag the next time I’m there for me!

lol I know, right? I only needed about 20 for work but ended up with over 100 from Amazon!

No Fodder School for me, right now, but I do want to mess around a bit for a specific project. So, quick question for you experts…

Is water color paper good enough for mixed media, or do I have to use specific mixed media paper? I’m going to be die-cutting it when it’s done.

Water color paper is fine, and mixed media paper is good also but thinner. Depending on the machine and the dies, water color paper might be too thick? But both hold up to mixed media - water, paint, glue, and whatever.

1 Like

I skipped fodder school but will totally lurk your thread. I can’t wait to see what you guys do!

1 Like

Same!!! :rofl: I’m secretly hoping to learn through seeing what you guys share :shushing_face: :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I hadn’t thought about the thickness, so I guess I’ll have to test it out…or bust out a coupon and get some mixed media paper!

Just thinking that water color paper and thin dies might not cut well, but that might just be me!
Seriously, do you need paper? I have waaaaayyyyyyy too much. LMK.

2 Likes

Thanks for offering! That’s so sweet of you! :heart: But, I can grab some tomorrow so I can play around with it on Friday afternoon.

:+1: Okay

1 Like

Can we set up a craft-along here? I think there was discussion in the Art Journal-along to set up a separate discussion for the Alisa Burke classes and students. Or should meet on another platform? Just curious - the Fodderers are setting up swaps for papers and such. I’m swapping with some California folks.

2 Likes

I vote to keep everything together… that way I (and others?) can see what everyone is learning and doing :heart:

3 Likes

I am also happy to have you all discussing and sharing your work here; we’ll all stalk what you post whether it’s here or in a different thread. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: However, if you’d like to keep it more amongst yourselves for the sake of the rights of the course creators, that is understandable too, I’m just not sure whether private spaces are possible yet in LC. Perhaps the “old” Discord (2019=ancient history) would be a private option?

2 Likes

Yup! :innocent:

I think sharing pictures of what is made would be ok? :thinking: just as long as no one shares the secrets behind it :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes