Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

So not super crafty but I’m making 3 sizes of books for each art supply goody bags for the preschoolers. I stapled the copy paper books and sewed most of the lunch bag books - hand sewing the large and medium, and machine sewing the minis. Ugh. I will staple the remaining lunch bag books so the families can pick up tomorrow.

7 Likes

That’s a lot of work, but I’m sure they’ll have a lot of fun with them!

1 Like

Let’s do it! I’m all for trying faces

1 Like

Here are some journal pages I’ve done recently.

8 Likes

I’ve only watched the first one, but I really love her style! I need a printer!!

The first one is A Thing Called Love. She chose to depict self love and acceptance. Her voice is very soothing, but there are long stretches of her just working, so don’t let the long video length scare anyone off!

@lindseyinthewild ! This is the free tutorial!
https://www.toniburt.com.au/current-classes/free-lessons/

2 Likes

Here is my piece from DianaColors. Mine looks almost nothing like her, except for the colors.

I feel like it needs some words, so those will be happening. Right now it’s busy, but blah.

(I did hide a covid shape in it. I feel like this time will be indelible.)

6 Likes

I love your size and repetions on the Diana page. You filled the space organically, but it’s never overwhelming. Great job!

Here’s my DianaColors page, too! I don’t love it, yet, but I don’t hate it either :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I like the squiggles you did inside the circles. All the doodle shapes!

1 Like

Thank you for sending!! I like the topics she chose for the free tutorials… I can’t decide which to try!

2 Likes

Let’s pick one and do it!

Also, I think you can post a single photo? At basic level? (It increases as you comment). Share your DianaColors page! The metallics were to dye for! (See what I did?)

Diana who? Not sure who you are talking about - I went back to read and I can’t fid which artist you are talking about.

Hey @Smmarrt!

This artist is DianaColors from You Tube

https://youtu.be/xRccqgbmeOo

I’m trying to make a habit of writing the tutorial or artist style on the back of my page, and making sure to mention which one in my post as well.

3 Likes

@JoyfulClover - thanks.

Hey y’all, I have a creative urge, and this weekend I’m going to do this Toni Burt A Thing Called Love.

It’s two 30ish min videos, but I’ve watched and she doesn’t speed pieces up, so you can easily skip ahead if you like.

She introduces a cheater way to draw faces. And I can’t hate on that!

I hope others join in and post their finished pieces!

2 Likes

Cool!! I had a look at her videos and they’re beautiful pieces. I’m looking forward to seeing what you create!

I tried something inspired by her process the other day, but I only had clear gesso, not gel medium, and it all went horribly wrong…
…but I’ve ordered some gel medium now we’re allowed to buy non-essential items online again, so I might have a go again too :art:

1 Like

This looks like an easy way to add faces. Off to the printer! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Oh no! Maybe you can still salvage it? I have a few pages of my own where I jumped the shark. Blah.

Yay!

I’m so excited y’all are interested! I can’t wait to see them!

1 Like

No worries, it was on scrap cardboard - a great suggestion of hers - so it’s no big deal to start again. I always try to think think of pieces that don’t work as just a necessary step to get to a piece I’m happy with.

Here is my Toni Burt inspired piece:

I went in a little different direction than hers. I don’t like the stamps in her hair, but otherwise I’m pleased with it.

5 Likes