Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Hard pass, Calluna. Thank you for sharing so we’re all saved!

1 Like

If I can save one person from craft-related anguish, it is a good day. :laughing:

In other news, it looks like “gold foil flakes” are the product I was thinking of to use in the white-silver-gold project. And Golden has a gold mica flake medium, which looks fun to try, at some point. I’ll wait to make purchases until if/when I have a clearer idea of what I’m doing.

3 Likes

Inka gold might work to give a metallic sheen to your art

https://www.joann.com/viva-decor-inka-gold-50-grams/11597895.html

2 Likes

@calluna sorry about the glue but I love the design of those stamps!!! :smile:

1 Like

Sent the zoom invite to those who mentioned an interest. Let me know if I missed someone!

3 Likes

For anyone interested, there is a free 2 week taster art journaling course, beginning Sept 28th-Oct 11th featuring 30 artists exploring the relationship between creativity and self love. There’s a video from the owner of the site explaining more about it. Hope to see you there!

Willowing Taster Sessions

I would like to zoom tomorrow…I need some structured craft time! I have been a mess!

1 Like

Regarding the sticky residue - when I was mounting stamps to foam stamp base stuff, it was suggested that you sprinkle baby powder over the extra sticky foam base. That worked well for me…not sure if it will for the glue. Also, once paint builds up on the stamps - the ones you made - that should reduce the stickiness. I think. I hope so.

1 Like

Yay!

I invited you to the PM. I’ve never done it before, so not sure you can see the zoom info. Let me know!

1 Like

Thank you! Brilliant!

Thank you so much for organising the zoom session! I had a wonderful time painting with you all :smiley: :art:

2 Likes

Yeah, it was so great to see y’all and [try] to make some great art! I made some tweaks to mine and I’m very happy with it! I will post mine after drying!

We will def do it again!

2 Likes

My version of The Goose Girl, inspired by the title sequence of Anne with an E.

There is a cliff in the show Anne visits. Animals are featured in the opening representing her life stages - I’ve used a bird here, flying towards her future (where the series left). And the quotes are featured in the opening - one is directly from the author, L.M. Montgomery.

I didn’t use the flecks, but I’m happy with it. And the other Zoomers made some REALLY COOL pages as well. All different!

6 Likes

This is wonderful! I love the sense of movement - hair flying in the wind. And your handwriting is fantastic!

2 Likes

Thank you! I like it looks artistic here, because IRL, it’s pretty illegible!

I love your handwriting too. And the sense of movement that jemimah mentioned.

1 Like

Here’s mine. I wasn’t able to leave all the wrote space or do the loose scribbling that the video did. It felt wrong but seeing everyone’s else’s work makes me want to give it another try.

Also I cheated and used a collage sheet for the face and didn’t draw it.

6 Likes

Fabulous! I love your collage choices and the expressions on the faces of your geese!

I love your geese, and more structured collar. Your collage sheet blend is seamless. Great job!

Look at that white space around those geese!

Thank you!