Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Awesome find smmarrt!

This was a great article, particularly as she doesn’t style herself to be an expert. To me, it lends a credence to her words, especially as I had just watched TM’s videos (via audity’s link), and then down the rabbit hole. Many of the writers comments were observational, so that was cool.

It was interesting to hear TM herself point out she had started seeing many trends of the moment (at the time), and said she didn’t want to do xxxx, and deliberately did something different.

I appreciate how loose her work is.

1 Like

what about a Dina Wakely style face drawing/painting. I could use some practice on whimsical faces.

or just some sort of whimsical face on a mixed media/collage background

4 Likes

Good suggestion! I could also use some help with whimsical faces!!!

1 Like

I like the idea of trying different styles.

Oh boy… this is going to push me way, way out of my comfort zone!

And @Smmarrt, thanks for the link to the article about Zetti style (have it saved to read later). Hopefully it’ll help me be less intimidated!

2 Likes

Are you gonna play, too? YASSSSS, MY FRIEND!!!

1 Like

I am interested too. I will have to do some research about the style as I’d never heard of it before either. This type of art is new to me, but as I have all the supplies, and I’m always eager to learn, I’m game. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yay! I’m so happy!

I finished up 2 art journal pages today.

8 Likes

The sarcasm. It’s so hard to pull my eye away from it.

I want to know which art book you used! And I like the multi-lingual pages. Like, a lot.

I see stencils. Many, many pages. The outlines. The characters. I see the TM influence, but overall, your style. Excellent!

:metal:

Nice pages! I’m going to have to try to make time to do this craft along!!!

2 Likes

This is a 50 cent book I found at the Richmond scrap place. It has 20 heavy weight pages. There’s no markings or upc on the book at all so I don’t know what kind of paper or where to find something similar.

It even came with some art work already in it!

2 Likes

Here is my previous art journal. It’s not done, but it’s the farthest I’ve ever finished one. I get bored and jump around a lot and also wanted a book with bigger pages.

I cut out half the pages and the pages left I glued 2 together to make them sturdy. If it’s an art journal for me I just use old books with interesting covers.

Here are a few pages that are probably done. Who know. I may go back at some point and add to them.

I left a few pages with the original art and am working around the drawings. This is not finished but to give you an idea.

6 Likes

What fun! I’m going to have to play along. Great idea, @audity!

1 Like

Oh yes, I remember this! Well, it’s turned into a great boon!

• Snicker * Did you leave it?
1 Like

I would have picked this up, too. The covers are wonderful! And I love you kept some of the artwork!

I’m sitting at a pizza place right now, right across the street from a thrift store. I’m going to head over and see what books I can find for cutting up!

5 Likes

I made some masterboards today and used dry wall tape like geekgirl mentioned in her tutorial post. So cool.

Here’s my favorite one all cut up.

Here they are not quite finished and an atc I made. I was trying for our Zetti challenge. How’d I do?

10 Likes

It’s so little!

I can see many of her zetti details!