Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Hi all!

Here is the video for Sat, Dec 19th, 2pm EST

She does an intro on her setup, so the tutorial doesn’t start till 2 mins. It’s a little less directive than those we have done in the past, so I hope it still works okay.

Supplies needed:

• An image you want to feature. Could be from personal stash or magazine
  • collage paper and/or tissue paper
  • modge podge
  • sentiment
  • acrylic or watercolors. Maybe India ink?
  • writing pens - black & white
  • white gesso or white paint

If you are interested, reply here and I will send the zoom invite via PM later this week.
EVERYONE is welcome - no experience necessary - but you must ART!

Tagging regulars:
@photojenn @geekgirl @Edel @PrincessP @AIMR @calluna @megwell @jemimah

5 Likes

That looks good. I hope to be there :grin:

I did some journaling today, not a follow along although I did look at a couple of videos before I started. But it’s mostly original

7 Likes

Yes please! I would love to join in

1 Like

I LOVE how she blends the ready-made image in with the page, both this one and the door page that was shown in the beginning. Definitely watching some more of her videos. I don’t know what I’m doing Saturday, but this does speak to my need to use up more of my image stash.

She talks about how she picks colors from her image to continue the story. The door image is part of her 30 day challenge, so is also available to watch.

Not all of her 30 days are recorded, but her Day 1 video is the other one I considered picking.
She draws a face on vellum, and then uses it as a layer!

Also, tagging @Kwality570.

2 Likes

I may be able to join!

3 Likes

I’ll be there! Thanks for posting the video, now to find an image :thinking:

1 Like

I may be able to make this one.

2 Likes

I’m in! I’ll see you lovelies on Saturday. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@curiousfae - scroll up, yo!

i want in!

2 Likes

I sent the invite for Saturday via PM. Let me know if anyone else is interested, and I’ll add you!

1 Like

I didn’t get a message…I am interested!

1 Like

I went to add you, but see you were taken care of! See you on Sat!

1 Like

I bought a new coffee pot that uses cone filters and not basket filters. I had 1.5 packs of 200 ct basket filters left.

What to do with them?

I used some (still have a TON) to make gelli prints and coffee stained papers.

9 Likes

Nice, I used filters like that to make flowers for my wedding. I used an entire carton of the filter papers, lots of flowers.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Great idea! These will be nice to collage since they’ll be thin.

1 Like

These are STUNNING! Esp the pink/grey/white one in the lower left! And that burgandy one in the lower right!

That’s great stuff, gg!

1 Like

If you look around, there are a few ideas of what you can make with them, in their round state. With my K+ kids, we, make little pockets to collect the treasures (sequins) that mysteriously appear on our playground. :wink: :wink:

2 Likes