Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I forgot to say, this is really beautiful Edel!!

These are too cool!!

From today’s zoom!

Right side:

Left side:

6 Likes

Love the peaks of pattern paper!

Here is mine

8 Likes

I love that you used a landscape picture…the entire page looks like something that could have been found…like a glimpse of some past…

1 Like

Here is mine…I used a card that was sent to me in a swap…I am finally finding ways to reuse these little gems!

The tissue paper I used was from Peter Rabbit, not Alice in Wonderland as I first thought…this was a rough week for me so I was glad to make something to remember my dog and to have a bright spot of seeing you guys…thanks guys…always fun and educational and MESSY! lol

8 Likes

@Kwality570 - I love your colors! The blue/brown/yellow reminds me of Utah and hiking. You really captured the outdoor vibe.

@geekgirl - your tissue paper is fun! I know what that is! You really tied your image, layering, and quote all together.

@AIMR - the orange is to die for! And you were right the thr speckles. The white on orange in the upper right just POPS!

The gesso finally dried, so I was able to finish my page!

I love arting with y’all! Much love!

9 Likes

I am going to have to find myself some landscape pictures…I just love how your surrounded it to make it the focus…and the one musical note peeking out…lol…plus, yellow and turquoise…yummy colors!

1 Like

I’m so bummed that I missed this one. But I love the results you guys got

1 Like

Yeah, I need to suck it up and buy a better magazine. Mine were the rejects from work, so I have to really dig for suitable images sometimes…but that’s okay! Now I have a reason to look for animal, outdoor, and fashion mags!

1 Like

Here’s mine! I just went a little crazy adding doodles. I definitely need some practice. You can’t even see my picture anymore. Lol. Can’t wait to do more. Loved seeing y’all!

9 Likes

I ADORE the doodles! And the lower left corner looks like Japanese maples in the winter!

That is what is fun about these videos…they are jumping off points to do what it is to set your own creativity out…I love it…looks like a map drawn by some crazy artist…lol

1 Like

Arrgh. I had the best of intentions to join in today…

Great pages, everyone!

2 Likes

I love everyone’s pages!! I’ve got guests arriving so I can’t write much, just posting where I got to…

Thanks for a super fun session!! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon :smile_cat:

8 Likes

Well now, this is a total reimagined piece. Now I want to do another one! Your work is excellent @jemimah! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Wow, after one year we’re about to hit 1000 posts in this thread!! :partying_face: :trophy: What do you think, should we start a new thread, or keep this streak alive?

ETA: I should share something I made instead of just being all administrative, huh?

6 Likes

I love it! I just got a new workbook for collage and one of the exercises is to take an animal and change it up to something more interesting! This is fabulous, @calluna!

2 Likes

I love this immensely, @calluna!! I’m going to save this post, because I want one! Her little curly lashes! The paint splotches around her face!

2 Likes

Hey Calluna - I guess I just assumed we would keep going in the same thread. Can you share your thought process behind starting a new one? Are there benefits?