Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

So pretty!

1 Like

Lovely

1 Like

They are gorgeous!

2 Likes

I am so loving that course! I often stop dead in my tracks on doing certain projects because I don’t have embellishments or focal points to continue.

I had to stop at three lessons not to be overwhelmed until I make some things…I have loads of stick labels leftover from my office days and will do that one first…

The dolls one gave me a great way to use up all those bits of masterboards that I have on hand!

I am glad I don’t have a lot of work to do while my partner is on vacation with his family for two weeks! lol…I am doing a creative “vacation” on my own while is he out…lol

5 Likes

These artists all participated in a 100-day project leading up to this class. They all made different types of embellishments, or to use their word - fodder. The possibilities are endless and everyone views scraps differently.

I always seem to create more scraps when I am using my scraps tho!

5 Likes

I periodically have to have a few scrap days for paper and fabrics or else I get an overwhelming overload…the main thing is for me to just start…once I start, I get in the zone and work quickly and creatively…like you, my problem is cleaning up after because my room looks like a tornado buzzed through!

4 Likes

Results from Lesson #1 of the Fodder Challenge!

I use cut up masterboards (the purple is from @Bunny1kenobi !) and faces from a vintage clothing magazine. I also used junk mail postcards as the foundation. These are way too fun…looks like I am going to have to get some sort of bin to store all of the newly made things!

12 Likes

I love these!!!

I want to join but I’m worried I don’t actually have enough (or any) fodder…

2 Likes

OMG @Abbeeroad , let us help you out with that! LOL :laughing:

These are amazing, I’ll check it out on the weekend!

2 Likes

These are fantastic! I’m so tickled to see my masterboard in your masterpiece! :blush:

3 Likes

I love your ladies!!!

2 Likes

I was thinking how cool it would be to make a doll from each person I have received a masterboard from!

6 Likes

You will be surprised at how little you need…magazine cut outs, scraps of masterboard, scraps of fabric, ribbons, string…etc. Seriously, it is a lot of leftovers that you keep but don’t know what to use it for! I think in the end, you will have a new look at all the stuff you can then have on hand for art journaling, cards, etc.

I am going to work on making some tags…the lesson shows the coolest layered tags…I will be using clothing tags of all sizes and shapes and also card board I saved from my monthly kitty cat subscription (from all the toy packaging!)…I can’t believe the lessons are free!

2 Likes

I will watch the first lesson and see how I feel about what I have on hand. I am not a scrap saver…except fabric, I have lots of that, lol.

4 Likes

You can use fabric! With or in place of paper!

But if you need paper…I know a chick who has a LOT!

2 Likes

Wow, those are incredible!!

2 Likes

They are fabulous

2 Likes

You sent me so many fabulous pieces…I am going to be using them in the rest of the lessons as well…so thanks bunches!

1 Like

I LOVE these!! Thanks for sharing the challenge link, I signed up am feeling inspired to play around.

4 Likes

These are so great! I love the words you chose.

I’ll be looking forward to hearing how you store them. I posted a question last week as I’m gathering more papery bits and looking for storage inspiration that is also functional!

2 Likes