Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I am turning one of my scrappy strips into cute mini cards! :heart: I’ll try to share pictures when I’m done with the set. I also found more scraps while cleaning up another area of my crafty space :partying_face: so I can make more now! lol

6 Likes

Still making doo-dads out of security envelopes…

and one out of a junk mailer from Ollies!

14 Likes

@AIMR those are cute!

Here are the little cards I made :slightly_smiling_face:

I made them by taping a piece of card stock to the back of the scrappy strip then sewed a straight stitch around the edges, cut them out and pasted them onto little cards :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

13 Likes

They are really nice! I used to do a similar thing with fabrics, but I love the textures you can see with the masterboard scraps! Plus, the way you combined the colors is wonderful…one of my favorites are the purple/orange/green color schemes! I also like that you used the brown card behind…some more lovely work from you!

4 Likes

Those are so cool!

Love the cards! Gathering scraps (and to be honest, making more painted papers) for projects on Monday.

1 Like

oh, I like the hearts, but I am IN LOVE with those stamped embellishments!

cute!!! (both pics)
@loves2experiment – lovely!

and @PrincessP :
now THAT is dedication to your crafty side, if you will set an alarm for 4am to do a craftalong zoom!!
WOW

and a big HI!!!
to @craftADDchick ! I hope to see you on the zoom meeting –
long time no see!

3 Likes

These look great!
I had to skip the 2nd lesson, because I could not make myself scribble, LOL
Not sure what that says about my personality, but now I’m on to the spiral lesson :smiley:

and @AIMR what a great reuse/ new life for junk mail!
and @Reinikka, the cards are adorable!

and I’m finally caught up on this thread.
Now to see if I actually remember about the zoom Mon. afternoon :crazy_face:

1 Like

That’s been my favourite lesson so far but, in all honesty, my scribbles aren’t truly scribbles, more loops and lines. I couldn’t bring myself to scribble either.

1 Like

Scribbling was a lesson in chasing freedom too and it’s become one of my favorite techniques! :laughing: Not sure what that says about me either, lol!

3 Likes

I’m only heading to bed now just after midnight, so I’m not going to make it :tired_face:
Can’t wait to see what you all make though xx

2 Likes

Good news, the zoom is tomorrow (+28 hours from now) :wink:

3 Likes

yes, go to bed early tonight!
you have about 20-ish hours left before the craftalong, I think?

2 Likes

Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@kayrun ok I’ll try! :wink:

4 Likes

I hope to make it, but I just realized that I have plans to meet my mom and aunt for fabric shopping. Then, we’ll probably have lunch somewhere. So, I might be late. I’ll try to organize my supplies before I leave so I can work on something when I get home. I might play around with making some master boards.

3 Likes

I’m not going to make it unfortunately. Have fun and I hope to be at the next one xx

3 Likes

I received a very simple tag from @geekgirl in one of her happy mail send outs. It was basically a sticker put on a tag! I really didn’t have a lot of plain tags so I cut up some paint samples instead…

8 Likes

oh, good idea – just tell myself to make loops
may go back to that one

I’m not really happy with the way my spirals are looking, but I figure it’s a process…

also, my new markers arrived, so maybe that will inspire me more! LOL

I’m still on the hunt for the perfect pen…recently I cannot seem to use pens that “catch” and don’t write smoothly – those annoy me & since my penmanship is already not great, I need a pen that will help a bit :slight_smile:
If anyone has pen ideas (just writing pens, not necessarily for drawing), I’d like to hear!

1 Like

cool!
and a great use for paint samples