Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

You sound a lot like me! I’d highly recommend the Chasing Freedom class that @Abbeeroad mentioned above. I only made it through the first 7 or 8 episodes (couldn’t keep up with the daily schedule, need to go back) but it helped me a ton! It helped me to let go and play around. It also helped me realize what I’m making isn’t precious and to just try things, I can always make more!

1 Like

Those are cute! I like the paint names on them

2 Likes

I use a Tombow Roller Pen for writing. It runs about $20-$50 depending on the finish. I have had it for about five years…I have a staninless steel finish that looks brand new.

Best thing about this brand is that the ink cartridge does not leak ever…

1 Like

My weekend plans went thoroughly awry (and being a homebody I’m pretty okay with that), and now I’m finding myself playing with mixed media stuff. I’m treating it as therapy, seeing what it’s like to process some ugly emotions through the stuff-making, so I’m going to stay out of the Zoom but I’m with you all in spirit (and paper scraps)!

3 Likes

ok, I’ll have to look for that one!
thx for the suggestion

I tried the Ink Joy that was advertised a couple of years ago, but somehow I have lost it!

Sorry I missed the Zoom. Got lost in stamping and “Line of Duty” and didn’t notice the time.

2 Likes

I’m curious if you find a method that works for you. I regularly have lots of those emotions

We were probably still going then. I left after 1.5 hours and it was going strong.

1 Like

My finished doodle from today’s zoom …

10 Likes

I love that you used flowers to fill some of the spaces.

Here are the wonky bits mostly cutout during our call.

8 Likes

wonderful!
I didn’t get any doodling done today – for some reason I was too focused on
everyone else’s projects!
Need to take time this evening to doodle – I’m on the cityscapes lesson, and really looking fwd to it!

Also, I think I forgot to add my LC handle to my zoom name! I am the worst about needing those handles to know who I’m talking to, so hopefully I will remember to change it at the next meeting in case any of you are like me with the names~

Good to see everyone today! So calm and peaceful after spending time with my craft peeps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They look great!

I’m definitely going to have to make some mushrooms & dandelions, and for some reason I totally forgot how to draw a cactus while we were zooming, so these will make good models for me~~

I didn’t like the cityscape doodle because I couldn’t think of enough fronts and felt mine was boring.

Your LC handle was on zoom so we all knew who you were :smiley:

1 Like

I really don’t have any pics from the Zoom worth posting since I mostly just prepped a bunch of stuff with gesso…it sure was great seeing you guys and getting inspired and learning new things!

I do have one pic…mmmmmmm

8 Likes

I love them!

1 Like

Here are my scrappy strips. Not sure what I will do with them yet. I’m sure they’ll make appearances in future projects.

12 Likes

Here’s my Zoom haul. Wavy strips from masterboards:

Tickets. Lots and lots of tickets:

(top row from masterboards; bottom row from gelli prints by geekgirl)

10 Likes

Here are my ladies from today!

Looks delicious @AIMR!

Love the stitched pieces @geekgirl!

Awesome wavy lines @megwell!

I don’t always change my name on zoom because I have frequent work zooms and I try to avoid my clients seeing my crafty handle. :laughing: Plus, I assume everyone knows me, but I know that’s not always the case!

11 Likes

@megwell ooo I like the wavy strips

@Abbeeroad the dolls are so cool!

I made a few wonky bits after the zoom

9 Likes

Just love the way you added the embellishments! The little heart and the black and white scarf almost make it zetti-like! Aren’t they fun? They take longer than you think, right? Also, love that you added a splash of pink to the hair!

While Jim was cooking, I made a few dolls as well to add to my stash…not sure what I will do with them…just love making them with masterboards.

@geekgirl…I am also not sure what I am going to use my scrap strips for, but I am sure they will come in handy! I have a similar one in fabric and have used it a lot!

@megwell I am so intrigued by how people use the tiniest bit of masterboards to create something so new…I am going to make some wavy pieces, too!

@Cindy You must like the doodles classes…your pieces show it! I love the flowers added to the geometrics!

@photojenn wow…that is a whole bunch of embellishments!

Here are the dolls I made using gelli prints made by @Reinikka …they felt like they had an African vibe to them.

11 Likes