Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

:woman_facepalming: Duh, thanks! Can you tell I’m still super new to the mixed media/paper world? :slight_smile:

Me too. That’s how I ended up smudging a thing I was trying to seal to prevent smudging, hahaha!

2 Likes

There’s also a Krylon spray - a fixative. Don’t remember the exact name, Crystal Clear?
You can spray indoors, but it still has an odor (to me.)

2 Likes

Enabler alert - Fodder School sign-ups start on July 15. I’m going to forgo joining the year-long Make Create Express in favor of this. I know it’s not for everyone but I like this new (new to me) group of teachers/artists.

http://willawanders.com/fodderschool

4 Likes

The link is wonky… :slight_smile:

It doesn’t go live until 7/15.

1 Like

I’ve really been enjoying the Fodder Challenge and Wonky Bits courses so I think I’ll also sign up for this once it goes live. I’ve also been eyeballing a few of her other courses so maybe the fodder school will keep me busy enough to not sign up for ALL of the courses :joy:

1 Like

lol guess I got too excited to sign up! Thanks!

1 Like

I might be down for some fodder school. :thinking:

My recent attempt to “wing it” with some wonky bits and my gelli plate went…ok. I’m not blown away but it was fun. I think I would benefit from something a bit more structured.

12 Likes

It is wild and exuberant…just your style! Love it!

2 Likes

I love that bold daisy! Way to make the technique yours…

2 Likes

I love the contrast of the Kraft card and the painted elements.

1 Like

it’s all adorable!

I’ve been participating in ICAD (Index Card A Day) for about 5 or 6 years. You decorate an index card each day from June 1st to July 31st. It is hosted by daisy yellow, aka Tammy Garcia. You can do anything- paint, draw, collage, illustrate. There are daily and weekly prompts but I usually do my own thing. I’m actually keeping up this year and I’ve made 42 cards. I only completed the 61 once before. I won’t show all of them but here are a few to show you what I make.

Generally I grab 10 to 12 things on my desk (or under my desk) and glue it all. I’m using 3” x 5” cards.

You can see some of my wonky bits and there might be a scrap of master board also.

15 Likes

They’re all great…but the one with the coco chanel quote is fabulous!

1 Like

I love all of them, @Smmarrt!

1 Like

So vibrant…I love the little flower with the mix of ric-rac and ribbon…the textures are lovely!

Just got an email, looks like registration is open now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

While I love discovering and doing YouTube videos, I also love a more structured environment but with no pressure. I like that you are taught how to use what you make. It would be great to see what people in this group do with the lessons…hmmm…it starts in October, so it might be a great incentive for me to finish a lot of other projects to get into this one.

1 Like

You enabler! LOL! Thanks so much for the heads up…I’m gonna think about doing this for sure! :slight_smile:

1 Like