Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Technically @Smmarrt started it, I was just nudging :wink: I blame/credit her for sending me down the fodder rabbit hole :slight_smile:

I’ve been learning a lot and having so much fun with the Fodder Challenge & Wonky Bits course that I’m really looking forward to Fodder School. It will be fun if a few of us do it to see how we each interpret the lessons.

Yeah, Smmarrt made the kool-aid and we’re all drinking it :smiley:

I signed up for the Fodder Challenge but I have to confess that I’m not even half-way through the lessons. Somehow, I got distracted along the way and only worked on altered paper dolls! If there are enough folks who are planning to sign up for Fodder School, I would love to see a craftalong (for purely selfish reasons to keep me on track ;)).

Hey, hey, HEY NOW! I put a spoiler alert in front of my post!

You don’t have to follow me, just worship me from afar…ha ha

And I already joined Fodder School and that is @photojenn s fault for telling us all that it opened early!

4 Likes

Ah, you guys can both share the credit for enabling. Seriously though, I appreciate the enabling :smiley:
Now I just need a swift kick in the tushy to get cracking on the remaining lessons in the Fodder Challenge…

1 Like

Good thing this showed up…new sweater or new classes…DUH! I know what I am choosing! lol

1 Like

I’m sure you can cobble together wearable with all the wonky bits and what have you :wink:

1 Like

I really would love to make a free form sweater with all of the leftover yarns I have!

I actually ordered the sweater last night, but this is a new day…lol

2 Likes

Great cards, my fav is the adults and fitted sheets :heart_eyes:

1 Like

These look great. I can never keep up my motivation for ICAD. the only year I did was ina swapbot groups that did a swap for each one. Although it took way longer than June/July.

1 Like

I love this idea - if only I knew how to knit…

1 Like

I’m so tempted. I’ve done a couple year long classes before that I was iffy on, a lot of faces and portraits. but this one looks like more my style.

2 Likes

I would tell you to sign up, but then you’d just blame me for another thing :joy:

I think the format of it sounds interesting - one instructor each month (lots of overlap with the instructors from the Fodder Challenge), lesson on making a specific type of fodder at the beginning of the month, and a lesson on how to use it a couple weeks later.

1 Like

Another page from the doodling class, this one took me a while.

10 Likes

I love it and I’m going to ‘steal’ some of your ideas.

2 Likes

I decided to doodle some note cards rather than just fill up my journal …

10 Likes

You guys make me want to doodle…beautiful and mesmerizing!

2 Likes

Amazing doodles you guys!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You guys are all amazing, I just love everything I’m seeing in this thread. I’ve been playing with a few things, but I’m a bit behind with comments and posting while I’m adjusting to my new job. I’m loving looking at all your gorgeous creative work though!! Checking out the new Lettuce inspiration is the first thing I do most mornings with my early coffee :coffee: :sparkles: :art:

6 Likes

You can brayer gel medium onto your gel plate and put the tags on to seal any water reactive media.

You can also use clear gesso.

2 Likes

wow, what a cool challenge!
your work is lovely!

and while I’m in this thread, I need to thank @loves2experiment for the goodies she mailed recently! I’m excited to have the stamped images and especially the paper doll foundation pieces! now to look up how to complete them –
THANKS so MUCH!

3 Likes