Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I think it is called joint tape. But correct me if that’s wrong.

I got it at Lowe’s hardware. It’s self-adhesive paper joint tape.

I still have most of a giant roll so I’m happy to send you some more!

2 Likes

That would be great! And no rush, obviously, since I still have some. Thanks!

Making small pockets with book pages and vellum, inspired by megjournals and Roxy Creations on YouTube.

I got the “Ministry of Control” stamp at the creative reuse store. I want to stamp it on everything.

12 Likes

Someone in my office just threw out their large, scenic 2018 and 2019 calendars (half of me wonders why they still had them at their desk, while half of me wonders why they were throwing them out). So naturally I swiped them from the bin, removed the staples, and now have some really big paper to work with! Like 24x12 inches. Big enough to make large envelopes, so that’s where I’m starting. The side with calendar numbers gets a coat of gesso, like the one in the middle below, and it’s good to go.

But I also want to make wee pockets and mini envelopes because I love what I’m seeing.

8 Likes

OH, this is fabulous!
I am woefully behind on my lessons & cannot seem to get my mojo going…
perhaps I should just skip to this lesson!

Thanks! I read through a few lessons but didn’t watch the video as I knew it wouldn’t interest me.

Oooh I :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation: those vellum and printed pockets.

I love all these things you guys are making SO MUCH!! You all inspire me :sparkles: :art: :sparkles:

1 Like

I use the little calendar scenes to make mini journals or to decorate…I almost gasped when you said someone threw them out…gahhhhhhhhhh!

1 Like

Finally getting back to the doodling class and did the mandala/start from the corner lesson. I liked doing this one but felt like I ran out of ideas to fill the spaces quickly.

11 Likes

@photojenn - I took a book out of the library about zentangle and one other, can’t remember. I keep a 50-cent composition book and make patterns. I use it as a reference for when I need to make marks, or repetitive marks.

And it was mentioned in the intro to Fodder School so I think with practice, you’ll have more of a personal library to draw from.

I think yours are great, very neat, and I find I lose interest quickly when making these.

2 Likes

Using references is a really good idea. For some reason I have it in my head that I should just be able to come up with them while I’m doodling but given that I’ve just started recently, that’s not really realistic. Funnily enough, I actually started a doodle shape page a couple weeks ago after watching the Fodder School lesson, I was just too stubborn to reference it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I took a mandala class from alisa a few years ago and part of the class was creating reference sheets of marks and doodles. Kind of like this blog:

It was a useful exercise!

I do love your corner mandalas though!

5 Likes

wow–not that is a useful site! I have a journal that I use to remind me of techniques and ideas…I am going to add marks and doodle sheets…thanks…

1 Like

That’s one of my favorite ways to doodle and fill space!

1 Like

I stumbled across this video. I want to try it. She basically pours diluted paint over tissue paper, let’s it spread around and dry and then you have pretty collage papers.

5 Likes

Oooooo!

Wow! Those are great :star_struck:

Ooh, I just found some tissue paper I saved from Xmas and birthdays…going to do this tonight!

2 Likes