Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I vote to keep everything together… that way I (and others?) can see what everyone is learning and doing :heart:

3 Likes

I am also happy to have you all discussing and sharing your work here; we’ll all stalk what you post whether it’s here or in a different thread. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: However, if you’d like to keep it more amongst yourselves for the sake of the rights of the course creators, that is understandable too, I’m just not sure whether private spaces are possible yet in LC. Perhaps the “old” Discord (2019=ancient history) would be a private option?

2 Likes

Yup! :innocent:

I think sharing pictures of what is made would be ok? :thinking: just as long as no one shares the secrets behind it :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, we MUST see photos!

I was just introduced to collagraphy or collagraph printmaking, and I’m rather fascinated by the possibilities: you basically make a printing plate by gluing down a collage of shapes with various textures. The same could be done by sticking the materials to a Gelli plate, but it would be a temporary arrangement. So the collage could just live it’s life as a finished piece, or it could become a tool for making more art. I see more cardboard/paperboard/trash being put to good reuse with this!

2 Likes

Ooooh! That sounds interesting. I might have to go down the internet rabbit hole and look into it.

I’ve done collograph, years ago. And yes it was just cardboard stuck down, but with loads of layers of shellac, at least 15 if memory serves. Then we used a heavy printing press to make prints. It really needs the weight of the press.

2 Likes

For the doodlers and meditative crafters, there is a 4-week Zentangle class coming up over Zoom, FREE though donations are appreciated (it’s a nonprofit within a California hospital called Art for Healing; I know the organization well but I don’t know the instructor).

Wednesdays in October, 3-5pm Pacific time, and everyone 18+ is welcome, wherever you are (assuming there isn’t a waiting list).

Registration: Register for Workshops | Central California Hospitals | Dignity Health
Schedule of all their classes this Fall: https://www.dignityhealth.org/content/dam/dignity-health/central-ca/pdfs/Fall%202021%20Schedule%20and%20Calendar.pdf

8 Likes

Here are some of my water color flowers and leaves from fodder school. I haven’t had time to do too much but I wanted to try the techniques out and I really like how it comes out.

14 Likes

Here are a few more I painted during the beginning of the zoom yesterday.

13 Likes

Beautiful! I love the soft colors you both are doing!

Beautiful you guys!!! I have the envy. :star_struck:

1 Like

I’ll add my efforts - I’ve only done leaves and I’m too chicken to try the flowers.

13 Likes

I have all the envy too @photojenn those mushrooms are fab! @Smmarrt the watercolor blended effects on your leaves are great. @geekgirl I love your flowers!!

I’m sorry I didn’t do the fodder course, but I don’t have the bandwidth now. Back to a full teaching load of face to face lectures plus starting my own degree in art has all sides of my brain wrecked.

3 Likes

We will share as much as we can without giving away the secrets.

But I can steer you to one public video on YouTube that will maybe show some of what we were doing but in a different shape…

11 and a half minutes

Have fun!

12 Likes

Seeing all the fodder flowers, leaves, etc on here and Instagram has me swooning! :heart: I am loving them all :heart_eyes:

Thank you so much :grin::hugs:

I’m really excited to see what you guys will do with all the fodder you create.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the video! :kissing_heart: I’m playing with circles and other shapes

12 Likes

Wow! Beautiful! I only have a silly kids watercolor set (it’s literally my kids’ lol). I should get something real to play with.

1 Like

You could probably get away with a kids set for stuff like this. Unless it’s like my kid’s; all mixed together! lol

Yes, I’ve been using kids watercolor sets. Really it’s more about the layers and colors and bleeding/blending. And I think the doodling is what makes each shape unique.

1 Like