Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Ooohh I love this combo of hours on book pages. They didn’t crinkle when you used the watercolours?

Some of the pages were more newsprint-y and some had a glossy finish. Where the paint/water pooled, it wrinkled a bit. I let them dry before decorating and cutting, and they seemed flat enough.

bookmarking this, bec it looks like something I could actually do!
thx for posting

1 Like

I’m working on non-traditional rainbows today, saw it on Instagram…

Like this -

9 Likes

oh, I like these very much!
:heart:

I’ve been playing with different shapes and layering shapes inside others.

11 Likes

Also trying words on cards for the little shop I have my cards in.

12 Likes

Oohh I love those shapes. Do you have a ‘library’ of in fill designs in your head from practice and learning what works

1 Like

Love these @Smmarrt! I need to make some of these. I am back on a project that requires way more meetings than my ADD brain can handle. So a good doodle project would be great and your work gives me wonderful inspiration.

Here are the rainbows. I can’t say they fill me with joy, and I’m not sure I’m sold on watercolors, but I do love the Ink Joy pens.

8 Likes

I love your houses, especially the one in the bottom left!

When I come across a new idea for how to fill space, I’ve been adding them to my page (when I remember). I find it useful to have open next to me when I get stumped for doodle ideas

10 Likes

Great idea. Thanks.

oh, so pretty!

I have a library of ideas on paper, similar to what @photojenn posted. I usually keep it open beside me when I’m doodling.

I’m going to start a new one though because mine is full and I no longer like some of the older ones. I’m also taking another doodle course and hope to get new ideas.

5 Likes

I’ve been inspired by fodder posted on LC and Instagram. My white pen isn’t very good so I’ve mostly been using black, navy, and silver for the drawing part. Here’s what I have so far:

And some lines that were the only crafty thing I could manage one (sad) day, but I quite like them.

And here are some more that need to be finished

11 Likes

Love the carrots! I need to try some veggies.

1 Like

It’s dark out so the lighting isn’t great but I made some rainbows tonight and I’m kind of obsessed with them, especially the bottom row.

8 Likes

Love them! Keep going!

1 Like

These are lovely! Those colors bring me so much joy. :heart:

1 Like

Ok now I need to try doing rainbows, they are just a happy shape, and these are amazing!!!

3 Likes