Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

This is really cool! I wonder if my library has something similar! i will have to start checking for these at thrift stores, too!

my library has a yearly sale and on that weekend they have big boxes you can fill for $3. I went straight to the language section and just started throwing random books in my box.

2 Likes

Imma check my libraries

2 Likes

3 of 5

NSFW

4 of 5

5 of 5

I feel much more comfortable with the style and have started to enjoy working in the medium.

5 is by far my favorite. I applied many of the zetti elements, but after seeing @geekgirl 's art journal, I decided to dial back the overwhelming amount of color, and keep it a bit more curated. I like it a lot more. And there are a couple, sweet easter eggs in most of them.

I’m excited to see the next topic!

6 Likes

Whoa! These are epic. I’m gonna have to remember to look at these on a bigger screen to see details better.

1 Like

Soo amazing JoyfulClover! Like seriously all of them rock!! Please make a separate post for them!!

2 Likes

I can’t pick a favorite…there is something in each one that I just love…I do love #3…the elements there are exaggerated and fun!

1 Like

Thank you, ladies! I had a lot of fun…eventually. Ha!

(But srsly, it took a bit).

1 Like

would anyone mind if i extended the zetti challenge until the end of march, it’s been a busy month with little ‘me’ time and i’m a bit behind on everything!!

5 Likes

Yes, please. I’m still working on my project.

1 Like

Yes, I just cut up eyes and faces and now I need some legs and hats…

1 Like

I’m going on a beach vacation in little more than a week and thinking of bringing some paper stuff to work on. Like an altered journal/collage stuff. What nececity supplies would you all bring?

I’m thinking:
Dot runner, glue sticks
Fussy cut scissors
A book to altered, pages prepped
A magazine or two
Basic ink pad, and alphabet stamps
A small selection of alcohol markers, gel pens, pain pens
One Pan pastel

1 Like

Depending on the beach, it could be pretty windy. But if not, I would bring scissors and magazines…you can tear out pages to cut later or cut them out and put them in a plastic folder. You can also collect stuff at the hotel and restaurants to cut up and plan for later…napkins, coffee holders, tourist foldouts, etc.

I would paint a few pages and take them with me. Glue sticks or tape runners…markers…washi tape…doodling is fun to do on the beach…

nope, do you!

Doodling and lettering took SO.LONG. I had no idea. So I would say some pre-painted pages, maybe with some stenciling already? And then the other supplies you and AIMR mentioned will be ready to go throughout the week.

Oh, and a selection of quotes or words. Phrases. Lyrics. That you already like.

Have a great time!

1 Like

Working on a master board, I hate it so far. Lol

5 Likes

I love the teal and yellow. It’ll come - just keep adding.

What Smmarrt said. And also keep in mind that they’re traditionally cut down into much smaller pieces, so the overall look can be misleading (for lack of a better word).

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I loved @geekgirl 's Face in the Woods so much, I made my own version:

I didn’t go as far as she did, and dialed back some of the very strong colors I don’t find as appealing from Teesha’s influence (my only previous forray), but I’m pleased with how it turned out. Thanks so much for the inspiration, gg - You’re a Rockstar!

@geekgirl 's original post:
A Completed Art Journal

6 Likes

I love your version…wonderful to be inspired by others who share their process and answer our questions! @geekgirl is indeed a wonderful mentor

4 Likes