Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Okay, here is 1 of 5 (which may never be completed) of my zetti:

The pieces are kinda there, but I need to refine the execution. It was nice to practice some lettering. And not have to make sure it’s ‘right’, as it’s not for a swap. Also, there are 4 more to work with. We’ll see.

2 Likes

That is way more Zetti than my first attempt! I think you’ve got a great start going.

1 Like

I absolutely love it!!! The lipstick mustache curl is fabulous…and I love how you highlighted with the white…I sure hope you finish the others…

1 Like

Thanks ladies! I am going to pick up some more of the paint pens, and maybe doodle around a bit more.

It could also be the size. I would probably like some more 5x7 size. I went too big.

That is the size I like for art journal pages, 5X7…for fabric journal pages, I like 4x6 because they are heavier…but I think this size could be framed… just saying

2 of 5

I went back and skimmed through the videos. It was a good refresher. I’m struggling with the sheer space.

5 Likes

This is so very cool! I really like circle and viney part around her face.

1 Like

I really like the peacock vibe of this one. and your lettering is just so good.

I would struggle with 8.5 x11 size too. That’s a lot of space. Even with the bright colors this one gives me a winter vibe. I think it’s the blue background and the white doodles. at a glance they remind me of snow flakes! I think you nailed the whole zetti vibe! And I need some of those paint pens!

1 Like

Thanks, Lynx! It was a laurel wreath but it’s buried now!

I’m definitely working on lettering. It’s getting easier, but I can see where I need to fix bits in 2.

And you do need those markers! Painter’s! And Sharpies. (both paint pens) With Uniball white, and plain Artist Choice in black. Oddly, the AC was the best black! Go figure!

I like the kilt and the converse.

These are amazing, @JoyfulClover! I can’t imagine doing Zetti on that scale. And I respect all creatives’ desire to improve, but I never would’ve thought it “needs” refining if you hadn’t said so.

1 Like

I really appreciate it, @megwell! There are places in happy with, I just want to make it more cohesive. So, y’all are gonna see 3 more of these suckers! (I already know which one will be last! I just found the perfect quote.) I’m hoping each will be a little bit better!

@JoyfulClover you did GREAT!!

1 Like

You know, the more I look at what you have done, you have actually got your own style that seems a bit more spontaneous and free…I love the overlapping flowers and am seriously liking the almost disturbing mouths on your both of your figures so far…

I do love your layering…it is bold and textural

Keep 'em coming!

2 Likes

Just a quickie - this is one of the things I make with napkins and tissue paper. I decoupage decorated napkins onto book pages. I cut 2 pieces and make pockets to add to my junk journals. The pockets can hold tags, library cards, or journaling cards.

You don’t have to sew the pockets but I like to add sewn bits to my books. Cheers!

12 Likes

Well that seems like a nifty project to try! I love adding pockets to my journals.

1 Like

Oooo I always wanted to add sewn bits to my journals, this seems the most practical way!! Love it!

1 Like

These look cool. I never have luck sewing paper. It always tears. I’m sure it a operator error.

@JoyfulClover here’s an example of homemade “pockets” I was telling you about.

1 Like

That’s so neat! Where did you find the Russian text?

1 Like

I love the sewn bits!!! and appreciate this little zig zag stitch.

Ah, this makes a lot more sense! and i can see how it would be fun to include.

ALSO INTERESTED!!!

There’s a thrift store in San Francisco that sells foreign books. If they are $1., I grab them. I also buy foreign books from the big library sale - the last day all books are $1. You can also use newspaper - I would double layer it for this project. I am open to trade book pages - I have maybe 6 different languages…