Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

I have a bunch of pics to share today. I haven’t been posting much recently, but I have been crafting! I did some of the Fodder Challenge 2022 from Willa Wanders, and a couple lessons in her 2021 Fodder School, and a couple other things. I’ll just let this picture-dump speak for itself :smiley: Hope it is not too much for one post.

(cover)

(inside)

9 Likes

I see you are enjoying Fodder School and the challenges! What lovely projects!

Your Fodder Keeper is fabulous…

what class are the ones after the Peace Catcher? I love those! I have a couple of the challenges that I have not yet done. I hope to get them done before the time is up or else I will have to sign up for Fodder School #2…lol.

1 Like

The one after my peace-catcher picture was from day 3 I think? The Study of Shapes. Basically the teacher had us ‘doodle’ marks all over papers, and then cut those up with the shapes we found at the end. I found the idea of doodling as a starter to a crafting session to be a great idea. Here are the pages I doodled and then cut up for the collages

:

6 Likes

You know you want to :wink: :joy:

I remember now! She made those fabulous cards out of the cut up pieces like you did! WOW!

1 Like

Wow! Lovely work. I have many things started, none completed. Only 21 more days of school…

2 Likes

Super cool! Love your peace catcher.

I did that one and skipped ahead to day 9…but didn’t finish before life got in the way. The girls and I gesso-ing some duck canvas this morning:

7 Likes

Fun! I am in love with your underpaper…hmmm…maybe we should do an underpaper swap… :laughing:

2 Likes

From today’s Living in Your Journal class

11 Likes

LOVE it! What class is that…? I’ve been semi-ignoring class infos because $$$ and time but that looks like fun!

1 Like

It’s the July lesson for a year long class. This is a spread in my Daily Creative Practice Journal.

Andrea has similar lessons in her Watch.Learn.Play. membership which I highly recommend but is a monthly cost. I love her style and enjoy the weekly co-working time and monthly focused calls that she offers in addition to the 2-3 recorded lessons a week.

1 Like

It’s a big piece of foam core I stole from work. It’s seen a lot of projects!

2 Likes

I got a security envelope in red!

8 Likes

One prayer flag done, one in progress…

8 Likes

It turned out really fun and scrappy! Love it!

@geekgirl…I haven’t gotten a red one yet! This one is a favorite of mine…

4 Likes

But that’s… not paper?
It’s scappily beautiful. Those random quilt blocks would make nice flags. Or bunting!

lol @geekgirl and @AIMR I just stole acquired a security envelope from my husband :sweat_smile: no picture but I got stupid excited when I saw it on the dining table this morning :joy: I was first drawn to the canceled postage stamp but a quick peek inside had me hooked!

2 Likes

I picked up these super cute little Hahnemuhle sketch & note books from Andrea at A Work of Heart to use for the doodle petite class. They’re A6 size and have 20 sheets of unlined 125gsm paper.

I first got turned on to these little notebooks when I went to her retreat in April. The paper isn’t mixed media but is thick enough that it can handle paint and ink decently enough (I didn’t get any bleed through yet). She sells the 2 packs for $2 but I don’t think they’re on her site yet so I had to email her for them.

2 Likes

It’s day 9 of fodder challenge, so I posted here but no, not paper. It’s gessoed duck fabric with painted/drawn elements and machine stitched fabric bits. Mixed media!

1 Like

Here’s the other flag from fodder challenge (she makes 2 in the class). I love these lol. Of course I skipped everything to make them. As soon as she said she not a measurer I knew I liked her. :laughing:

6 Likes