Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

I really like the quotes you’ve chosen @Smmarrt :hugs:

1 Like

@photojenn --Today’s Fodder Challenge is right up your alley!!! Weaving! I can’t wait to do that one!!!

2 Likes

Just bits and pieces from all over - Dina Wakely typed quotes, gift tags, Tim Holtz stickers and other word stickers. Gotta use it up!

4 Likes

First day of Fodder Challenge:

I have a crazy amount of colored tissue paper, rescued from packaging…this used a tiny bit, but it was fun and sort of mindless! I made two and gave one away to my trainer’s little daughter. She loves everything I make! lol

I have also been making a bunch of magazine collages, using old photo album paper (really thin and wonderful to work with!)…these are all from a Rhodes Scholar Travel brochure to Greece. I made copies as well as references and to use up later.

13 Likes

Here’s my fodder challenge day 1! Sooo fun.

Side 1:

Side 2:

10 Likes

Love it! I think a bunch of those leaves would also make great embellishments for journal pages!

1 Like

Definitely! The tissue paper works so well as a collage base. I liked how she suggested leaving one piece a moon too…

2 Likes

I love your colors!

1 Like

I really, truly, absolutely, honestly, do NOT need more art classes…. But Alisa Burke has a new class launching next week that appears to combine several of her other classes I was drawn to…

2 Likes

You naughty enabler :rofl:

1 Like

I mean, I can justify taking it more if others are too :joy:

2 Likes

sigh I’ll look at it. :laughing:

3 Likes

And here I was conflicted about signing up for the Handmade Holiday class in August. I thought, oh, no, we talked about this and getting overloaded.

https://balzerdesigns.com/Classroom/register/the-artful-holiday/

Don’t look at the instructors @photojenn - your fave Andrea Chebeleu is one of them… :star_struck:

1 Like

I caved…taking the Alisha Burke classes…I love her

2 Likes

I just bought the course and so did @AIMR … you have to now :smiley:

2 Likes

Well now I have to join :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I realized in the Art Magic courses that I need to loosen up and not be so precise in art…sewing and quilting are very “restrained” sorts of crafts most of the time…I felt a real lack of doodling skills, even though I remember drawing on the backs of my papers and notebooks all my life…I need to reconnect with that. Alisha Burke has a very relaxed style. I can’t wait!

2 Likes

Inexplicably, I’ve also signed up; despite not being a draw-er, I find myself, ahem, drawn to it. Maybe it’s the smaller scale.

3 Likes

I decided to go back and do some of the lessons from Alisa’s doodling class I bought a while ago while waiting for the new one to start. This page was fun and easy but my sharpie bled a lot into the sketchbook paper. I switched to the tombow for coloring the background which seemed to work better.

6 Likes

Fairy house mostly finished

It’s on a platform so it can come inside at night.

I’m going to listen to the children’s chatter and gauge their reactions before I go crazy adding stuff.

8 Likes