Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

I got the ones that she put in her supplies link…I got the ones without the lines and they are plain brown so I can paint them.

Day 7:
20220724_221415
20220724_221346
20220724_221315

9 Likes

I really love that second one!

I’m really drawn to the second one, too.

I ordered more markers…I feel restricted with my color choices and I’m too lazy to bring out my paints. I like the second the best because of the colors.

1 Like

The second one reminds me of pacman!

I’ve started the class again using fineliners and other pens I’ve been buying. I’m doing them on inchies (or close to it) I’ll have to share those maybe tomorrow when I do the next class.

2 Likes

lol Yes, it does! I am doing a 5 day book making project so that will throw me off schedule a little bit.

The doodle classes are simple enough to repeat and to do while watching shows or just taking a break.

I have got to put away laundry…housework blows when you want to just make stuff!

1 Like

Are @AIMR and I the only ones doing the 5 day accordion book challenge (just started today)?

I haven’t made a ton of books before but I kind of want to start just so I can keep playing with this Legion Stonehedge paper. It’s so nice!

No, I am. But I still have school so I will watch videos at night and see if I can get to any making…

1 Like

Today’s was pretty quick. I used watercolor for the tags using Ali’s method so they need to dry for a few hours.

While I was tearing the paper for the tags I finally realized how to tear it properly - pull away, not up! I was getting frustrated because I kept messing up the nice paper when I was pulling up but now am getting perfect tears.

1 Like

Today’s lesson was right up my alley!

I used an off-brand permanent marker, .8, .3. and .005 fineliner.

And here are my inches so far excluding today’s.

My fav is the dot (again) and decided to keep it at cornwrs otherwise it would look weird, I decided. I also like the lines.

7 Likes

I almost signed up for it but I just don’t have the bandwidth right now.

1 Like

I hear ya, I didn’t really have any business signing up for it given the other 37 classes I’m signed up for.

Quality control

I used my Inktense blocks to dye the seam binding for the closure.

7 Likes

Difficult to get a good picture but here’s my finished accordion book and tags for day 1 of the challenge.

And here’s my doodle petite page from yesterday

And the start of today’s page. My hand feels like it’s going to fall off from all of the doodling so hoping to get back to it more tonight

8 Likes

wow, @photojenn ! Your book is lovely! I am probably going to do the tags from the guest speaker video since I like mixed media. But, I really want to do the technique for the watercolor as well…yours turned out so lovely!

Anyone else have a hard time avoiding, er, penile shapes in yesterday’s doodle class? Just me? :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you! I was really drawn to the mixed media one too but this was a new technique for me so I wanted to try it. Looking forward to seeing yours!

:raising_hand_woman::joy:

I was away this weekend so had to play a bit of catch up with doodles this evening. I also caught a cold over the weekend (like number 10 this year I swear) so this was the perfect way to unwind and relax a bit.

10 Likes

I did 7 and 8 today. Right is the basic version; left is the detailed one, which I sort of gave up on because I really wasn’t enjoying having (“having”) to come up with stuff to put in the shapes.

6 Likes

These are all stunning!

1 Like

I had planned to catch up yesterday, then woke up and discovered hubby had shared his germs with me :sneezing_face::face_with_thermometer: so no energy for much.

1 Like